Axiom Home Page
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 04:30 AM
Not good. Shame on Lexicon, and probably Oppo too, for not requiring Lexicon to make some kind of change to the internal chassis so it wouldn't be so obvious.

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/10/01...+%28Slashdot%29
Posted By: JohnK Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 04:54 AM
Disappointing rip-off to create a "high-end" product.
Posted By: CV Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 05:09 AM
Wow, that's pathetic.
Posted By: grunt Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 05:17 AM
What a bargain I got a $3,500 player for $500 sweet.

Here’s the Audioholics review
Posted By: grunt Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 05:29 AM

I figured it out. Lexicon must have used “Ninja” upgraded parts. ;\)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 02:05 PM
\:\)
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 03:17 PM
Wow. Is that legal?
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 03:32 PM
What a joke.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 03:51 PM
The THX logo without certification is pretty lame from Oppo. Not that I am a great believer in THX logoing, but it is still misreprensentation and they deserve a good bashing for it.
As for Lexicon, Oppo has nothing to reproach themselves, it is something between Lexicon and their customers. Lexicon, on the other, may have some explaining to do...
Posted By: real80sman Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 04:39 PM
Here is a podcast about it from A/V Rant. (They talk about it right near the end) Notice the QS4 & QS8's behind Tom.
Posted By: Craig_P Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 07:56 PM
 Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
The THX logo without certification is pretty lame from Oppo. Not that I am a great believer in THX logoing, but it is still misreprensentation and they deserve a good bashing for it.

I don't believe the Oppo player claims THX. The logo isn't anywhere on the player, and non of their literature mentions THX. The THX logo was put on by Lexicon.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 08:00 PM
Well, I think somebody's job at Lexicon is hanging on a thread right now...
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 08:14 PM
 Originally Posted By: Craig_P
I don't believe the Oppo player claims THX. The logo isn't anywhere on the player, and non of their literature mentions THX. The THX logo was put on by Lexicon.

Wow! That is really silly thing done by Lexicon and puts Oppo 100% in the clear in that whole business.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 08:17 PM
Well, not that I could ever afford any of their HT equipment, but chalk me up as one person who would never buy ANY product from Lexicon....
Posted By: casey01 Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 08:47 PM
Unfortunately, this is just the tip of the iceberg of the "scam" that has been going on in so-called "high-end" audio for years and someone was finally caught AND exposed. With pretty well all the parts and much of the electronics of these products, regardless of price, manufactured in the Far East anyway, given the rise of the internet-only companies like AXIOM, Emotiva, Outlaw, Aperion, ED and the list goes on and is growing, these "high end" companies are having more and more of a problem justifying their inflated prices.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 08:56 PM
Now if only one of the internet only companies could build a decent preamp that was up to date on specs and had certain features that seem to be missing from most...
Posted By: jakewash Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 10:44 PM
I wonder if Lexicon went through the trouble of having the player certified while Oppo never bothered?
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/17/10 11:20 PM
According to the initial story, it seems that only the logo is on the box, no tests executed.
Posted By: RickF Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/18/10 01:41 AM
Lexi'con' ... has a nice expensive ring to it.

I would also be willing to bet this has gone on for many years and despite this minor setback will continue to go on for many more years to come as long as people requiring large expenditures are willing to part with their money on lavish audio gear ... because they just have to have it.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/18/10 01:58 AM
Good one Rick. Maybe they have been trying to tell their customers all along that their product are no bargain.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Lexicon BR = Oppo BR? - 01/18/10 02:02 AM
Isn't this typical of the "high end" audio industry? Reminds me of the "high end" cables in the sense I can get the same performance at a fraction of the price. Can't say I am in utter shock. THX certification on products is a joke and doesn't necessarily equate to superior quality, right? We all knew that!
© Axiom Message Boards