Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RickF RIP Capt. Phil... - 02/10/10 02:19 PM
I was hoping the chain smoking, red bull drinking tough old guy would pull through.

Capt. Phil Harris dies from stroke complications.

\:\(
Posted By: Wid Re: RIP Capt. Phil... - 02/10/10 03:00 PM

Wow that's awful young.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: RIP Capt. Phil... - 02/10/10 04:38 PM
Oh no. \:\(

That's too bad. Anyone who watched the show knows that he was having some pretty serious health problems. He was one of the more enjoyable characters on "Deadliest Catch". He'll be missed. And of course, infinitely more than that, a real person that will be sorely missed by his friends and family. Not that they read this forum, but I wish them peace in dealing with their loss.

RIP Phil, RIP. \:\(

Edit: wow... had a stroke "while offloading his boat". At least it sounds like he died doing what he loved doing. Can't ask for more than that, really.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: RIP Capt. Phil... - 02/10/10 06:25 PM

It is sad, but I can't say I ever heard him talk about exercise or eating healthy...
Posted By: BrenR Re: RIP Capt. Phil... - 02/10/10 06:37 PM
Really sorry to hear that.

Used to watch the show a lot. He was by far my favorite captain.

Bren R.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: RIP Capt. Phil... - 02/11/10 02:24 AM
It is sad indeed, but given the smoking rate, i'm not surprised the life expectancy is short ASIDE from the fact they work the most dangerous job in the world!
Posted By: Adrian Re: RIP Capt. Phil... - 02/11/10 04:09 AM
It's somewhat ironic that he died that way and not from such a dangerous job.
Posted By: RickF Re: RIP Capt. Phil... - 02/11/10 04:34 AM
If you ever watched the show you'll know that Phil was a real hard charger, chain smoked and drank Red Bull by the case and really took his position seriously ... the years and years of that type of lifestyle probably did him in.

He was by far my favorite of the show and it won't be the same without him, that's for sure.
Posted By: Adrian Re: RIP Capt. Phil... - 02/11/10 04:40 AM
Speaking of which, I can't understand why they(the author-i-tay) haven't cracked down on these so-called 'energy' drinks. There's alot of kids out there absolutely wired on this stuff.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: RIP Capt. Phil... - 02/11/10 07:06 PM
What's wrong with those energy drinks? I've never tried one, but are the caffene and/or sugar levels that much higher than other drinks on the market?
Posted By: JaimeG Re: RIP Capt. Phil... - 02/11/10 07:17 PM
"Red Balls - cocaine in a can" --Dave Chappelle

© Axiom Message Boards