Axiom Home Page
Posted By: medic8r Valentine's Day Poll, or "Love, Axiom Style" - 02/12/10 08:38 PM
And, here we go:
Good thing BigJohn is gone, otherwise we'd need a gorilla port option.
I have an audition on Sunday, so that's my Hallmark Day gift to the chap who's coming to listen to my Axioms \:\) .
I voted "A Scam Holiday", but that's easy because Joyce feels the same way.

"Mock-Mock-Mock-Mock-Mock-Mock" (Read in your best Ralph Malph voice)
Scam holiday is right, Mark! My girlfriend thinks the same also, but because it's our first, I'm still doing the "good" thing and taking her out to dinner at arguably the fanciest restaurant in the Kawartha's, and buying her an orchid (her favorite flower).
Yeah, I could have chosen scam, too.
Oooh! I may choose more than 1!
Actually, my mistake, I voted "no big deal…". I treat everyone with the respect and love deserving of them, every single day.

I also think that every holiday is a scam.
I seem to be the only one that thought it was a cruel joke, mocking me. But, I haven't been on a date date in over 10 years. And I'm single.
 Originally Posted By: wheelz999
I also think that every holiday is a scam.

Hey! I LOVE bank holidays!
Posted By: Wid Re: Valentine's Day Poll, or "Love, Axiom Style" - 02/12/10 09:28 PM

I voted a scam. I think it's a silly "holiday".
irrelevant. Who needs a woman when he's got Axioms and the internet?

Cause:

“Dames are put on this earth to weaken us, drain our energy, laugh at us when they see us naked.”
Love that quote, Dean. I wonder if you would feel the same way if you met Teri? I bet you have drained your energy one way or another while looking at her pictures??
 Originally Posted By: grunt
...laugh at us when they see us naked.”

We should be allowed to get various finishes like Axiom...
I don't think it would help.
Not even High-Gloss? Could be called "The Piano Man"...
Despite the fact my wife likes Billy Joel, I'm thinking that giggling would result.
I need a half dozen bad girls who want to re-enact the "St Valentines Massager" with me.
Posted By: CV Re: Valentine's Day Poll, or "Love, Axiom Style" - 02/13/10 04:11 AM
It's definitely mocking me, but I do agree with the scam aspect, too, so it's not like it can't be mocked back. Yesterday, a girl at work did say that my name would be forever embedded in her head when we finally exchanged names. I've said hi to her in the hall a few times, so I finally got around to asking what her name was. I gave her mine, even though she didn't ask, and she said it would be easy to remember. I voiced my skepticism, saying that people usually mess it up by calling me Stevie or CJ, but she assured me that she would remember because ceviche is her favorite thing. We'll see. Then one of my coworkers said that the girl apparently used to be a stripper who made $300/hr doing parties, assuming we're talking about the same person.

In other news, I ran across Claire the other day. She still waves really big and says hi, so at least she still acknowledges my existence. It was nighttime, though, so I didn't really see her too well, and I kept walking instead of going to talk to her. I did wave back and laugh, though, which is as flirtatious as I'm going to get.

I wish I had more juicy stuff to share, but that's it.
I chose the "mocking" one... but any year other than this one, I would have chosen the "scam" one.

Bren R.
So I had the Mrs. take a look at the available choices. She said definitely #3 and #4. She laughed at #5 indicating that there were some things the internet just couldn't do. To which I said prove it! LOL
Just wait for internet 3.0. \:o

I'm in the "I've got my Axioms" group. When I've had reason to be romantic, I never waited for a given day to express myself.

I remember when I lived near a greenhouse that grew roses. In the early days they took direct sales at incredible prices. Any cold day in February was a good excuse to nip over, check out the greenhouse, and come home with a half dozen fresh cut roses.
 Originally Posted By: wheelz999
Scam holiday is right, Mark! My girlfriend thinks the same also, but because it's our first, I'm still doing the "good" thing and taking her out to dinner at arguably the fanciest restaurant in the Kawartha's, and buying her an orchid (her favorite flower).

Ahh man when you have been together for some time it will all change my wife wants a Dyson LOL nothing like showing your love with a $800 vacuum. .... This day just delayed my Axiom purchase , but she will be happy and the house will be clean if she uses it \:D
If I'd have switched the first two options, I'd have a nice bell-shaped curve going on.
 Originally Posted By: PhilD

Ahh man when you have been together for some time it will all change my wife wants a Dyson LOL nothing like showing your love with a $800 vacuum. .... This day just delayed my Axiom purchase , but she will be happy and the house will be clean if she uses it \:D

Dyson vacuums has that allure with women like Bose does with home audio. I would not recommend Dyson vacuums. Overpriced and rate low in consumer reports in regards to performance in relation to its competitors. You can get a great vacuum at a 1/4 of the price.
Posted By: CV Re: Valentine's Day Poll, or "Love, Axiom Style" - 02/14/10 01:32 AM
I want a Dyson, but not in their current form. They haven't released a model that makes me want to pay the premium yet. I do think they have some good ideas, but they're certainly succeeding because of marketing.
Heh... my wife says our Dyson was obviously designed by a man for a man. We get decent performance out of it, but looking back, I wouldn't have spent that much money on it.
Our Dyson lost suction. Took it to a repair shop. They had it for a couple weeks and replaced the motor. Still doesn't suck like it used to. \:\(
Valentine's day made me buy a bottle of wine to share with my wife tomorrow. We've been drinking beer almost exclusively for a very long time, so this year I like the holiday. \:\)

(Also, I drank a lot of beer in San Francisco this week, so I need a beereak.)
Just installed our new central vacuum ( Duovac) and it has incredible suction, much better than our old Kenmore had in our old house.
Posted By: CV Re: Valentine's Day Poll, or "Love, Axiom Style" - 02/15/10 03:45 AM
How much did it cost? My dad likes the idea of having something like that.
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
Just installed our new central vacuum ( Duovac) and it has incredible suction, much better than our old Kenmore had in our old house.

Incredible suction is great, having it at your disposal on a whim would be awesome.
 Originally Posted By: CV
How much did it cost? My dad likes the idea of having something like that.
I did the install myself and had an upgraded hose and a few other luxries thrown in for $1000, they are not cheap \:\( , but it was the same price I had been quoted for a number of other competitor central vacs. I bought this one due to the extras I was given. Once you start looking at central vacuums, it is like audio gear and they all do the same thing with some sort of bell or whistle to distinguish themselves
Starts with Valentines day, ends with discussion about vacuums. I think we need help.
Just a normal thread here at Axiom
*sob* My poor, beloved thread - what have they done to you?!

:runs away wailing:
© Axiom Message Boards