Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Where are you? - 06/05/03 08:55 PM
I know this has been brought up before, but since it hasn't happened yet, I thought I'd bring it up again.

What are the chances of there being a section of the website dedicated to where people are located. The single hardest thing about buying Axiom speakers is that you can't go to a store and hear them before you buy. I know I'm always willing to let people stop by and listen to my M22's, and I know many others here on the boards are equally willing.

There are several different ways this could be applied. A map with clickable regions with listings of owners. Or you could have a list of Axiom products, which when selected could offer up a list of owners with that particular model. Of course this would only contain the names of people willing to offer home demos.

Posted By: twodan19 Re: Where are you? - 06/05/03 09:17 PM
great idea. if axiom doesn't do it, maybe one of the users who's computer literate could set it up on their site.

Posted By: Haoleb Re: Where are you? - 06/05/03 09:40 PM
If you guys wanted, i could make a page with a list of the names of all the people, their email and where they are located. and just post the link here. It woulndt be anything fancy, but it would be good enough. you can send me an email with your moniker,and contact info and whatever else like what speakers you have. and where you are at. and i will do it.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Where are you? - 06/05/03 09:50 PM
Ok i put together a quick little page, so if you want your name on there PM me or email me.

Heres the Link.

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/fcai_hifi/axiommembers.html
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Where are you? - 06/05/03 10:55 PM
You make the site and leave your mapped location vacant. We don't need to salivate at the site of your residence each time we pull up the site.

Signed,
Sincerely Jealous
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Where are you? - 06/06/03 12:00 PM
you have my vote
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Where are you? - 06/06/03 05:31 PM
Any chance of getting this list on a popup-free site (e.g. not Angelfire or Geocities)?

I can host it on my own server. Guaranteed to have no popups!

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to have the e-mail addresses plainly viewable. Spammers use special software to search the web for e-mail addresses. You don't all want to start getting tons of spam, do you?

If you e-mail or PM me your info, I'll have the site set up this weekend. (I'm currently on a business trip.)
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Where are you? - 06/06/03 05:32 PM
Yes, that would be a better option. I tired! lol.
Posted By: sushi Re: Where are you? - 06/06/03 08:28 PM
Amie, are you listening???

Such web pages listening owners' locations (preferrably right here within the Axiom site) would make it MUCH easier for me and others to "advertise" the greatness of the Axioms in other high-traffic AV forums!
Posted By: 2_channel_guy Re: Where are you? - 06/07/03 05:24 AM
And perhaps tie this in with the affiliate program? Hmmmm...
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Where are you? - 06/19/03 06:08 AM
bump...

This is a GOOD idea.
Posted By: HGP Re: Where are you? - 06/21/03 05:04 AM
Pmbuko:

Any more thought to hosting this site? It sounds like a great idea. The single largest impediment to purchasing Axiom speakers is the inability to audition them prior to purchase. I see this web site as something similar to www.audioenvy.com.

Keep us posted.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Where are you? - 06/21/03 06:41 AM
It's on my list of to-do projects. As soon as I have a non-booked weekend, I'll see what I can come up with.

My idea is to set up a login-based site (similar to this board) and let Axiom owners input their own location/contact info.
Posted By: HGP Re: Where are you? - 06/21/03 07:34 AM
I'm glad it's still on your radar screen. I think it will be a great asset to those considering Axiom speakers.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Where are you? - 06/21/03 09:11 PM
I just have to get it done well before Thanksgiving, when our baby is due. Since it will be my first child, you can be sure my participation here will be sporadic at best.
Posted By: HGP Re: Where are you? - 06/21/03 11:35 PM
Congratulations! You will be busy.
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Where are you? - 06/21/03 11:41 PM
Congrats on the new addition!!! We just found out we are having our third in February...
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Where are you? - 06/22/03 06:16 AM
Third?
Good lord people.
I haven't had one yet.
Slow down here boys. There's no rush to repopulate the world anytime soon ya know.

Congrats to all.
You may have more late nights up to read the forums than you think.
Posted By: HGP Re: Where are you? - 06/22/03 06:19 AM
After having two kids, I figured a third wasn't that big of a deal. I later found out that we were going from man-to-man defense to zone. Good luck!
Posted By: Amie Re: Where are you? - 06/23/03 05:52 PM
Hmmm . . . I suppose the safest way to do this would be having a list of cities where willing and able Axiom people are. Then potential Axiom friends could email in and that email could be forwarded to interested parties in the area - that gets around privacy issues, right? And I think the Affiliate idea is a great one, Sushi! Anyone see any problems with doing it that way? Anyone singing 'Matchmaker, matchmaker?'. Just joking! If that works for everyone, we can set it up right away. Just drop me an email with your city and state, and distance from a major city if you're in an obscure little suburb. Anything else we would want to include? Maybe your products?
Posted By: sushi Re: Where are you? - 06/23/03 06:08 PM
Great, Amie!!!

Yeah, (1) Screen name in this forum, i.e., PM address, (2) Email address, (3) General location, and (4) Axiom products owned, will probably be sufficient to kick start such database pages.

BTW, you will see all my data in my forum profile.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Where are you? - 06/23/03 06:17 PM
GREAT!

All my info is likewise in my profile.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Where are you? - 06/23/03 07:29 PM
see bio.
thanks
dan
ps. we knew we would shame you into this...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Where are you? - 06/23/03 08:18 PM
Great! I have all the important info in my bio as well, and would be happy to let prospective Axiom buyers audition my speakers.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Where are you? - 06/24/03 04:03 AM
See profile.

Thanks, Shawn

Posted By: BigWill Re: Where are you? - 06/24/03 03:35 PM
How about 20 in-home demos qualifies you for a free upgrade?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Where are you? - 06/24/03 03:55 PM
How about this:

Each in-home demo that results in the purchase of Axiom speakers will knock 5% off your next purchase. All Amie would have to do is add a "referred by" field to the orders page. That way they could keep track of how many new sales each demo-er creates.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Where are you? - 06/24/03 08:40 PM
That works. 20 purchases x 5% = 100% discount.
© Axiom Message Boards