Axiom Home Page
Posted By: grunt Netflix site change - 03/05/10 04:57 AM

I hadn’t looked at the Netflix site for awhile but when I checked it out today it looks like their changing the format of the pages that display each movie. I didn’t see anything in their blog and wondered if anyone else was seeing the same thing or has heard what might be going on.

Not liking it so far. A lot of the features and info I used are not there any more.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Netflix site change - 03/05/10 05:27 AM
It's the top story on http://blog.netflix.com/ right now.

What do you find missing? I guess the related movies are gone, and I did look at that sometimes. But the genres are links now, so you can find similar films that way. Oh, friends ratings are gone too. I find that odd in this day of social everything, that NF is hiding and removing the social aspects of their site.
Posted By: grunt Re: Netflix site change - 03/05/10 05:41 AM
The database must be incomplete for some stuff now it just happened those were the first few DVDs I checked out. Things missing on some of what I’ve looked for are the episode names on the detail view for some disks or just no detail view at all. On “length” was listed as number of disks rather than in minutes. The “lists” or whatever they called it where it showed what lists people had included disks on. I’ve found a lot of great stuff I wouldn’t have were it not for looking at the lists other people created.

The related disks are at the bottom with cover images which makes it more of a pain to look at for me because now I have to scroll to the bottom of the screen to see if there are multiple disks in a series but released separately.

Weird I just checked the blog and didn’t see the update.
© Axiom Message Boards