Axiom Home Page
Posted By: darcman Water boarding - 03/16/10 07:27 PM
I actually never knew what water boarding was, just it was some sort of torture. My personal take on the use of water boarding is, use it. If by the use water boarding, innocent lives can be saved, use it. Dont even give it a second thought. The bleeding hearts out there that are against it, might just think differently if they ever had a loved one killed by some senceless terrorist act. Just ask the families of the victims of 911, if it could have been prevented by water boarding. How many would say no to it.
Well anyways, my brother sent me this, very interesting.

http://content1.clipmarks.com/content/7E8ADC46-F3DD-4D6F-B184-3A07CF501B7C/
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Water boarding - 03/16/10 07:29 PM
Please can we not do this.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Water boarding - 03/16/10 08:05 PM
Please, please, please delete this thread. I have many strong opinions on this subject but this is not the place for it.
Posted By: darcman Re: Water boarding - 03/16/10 08:07 PM
Sorry, I just never knew what water boarding was. In the video, it talks about the effect being so psychological. Ive never been water boarded, but I do equate it to a similar experience I have had.
I had to take a chlorine gas responce training course. We had to use scott air packs. Just as an example the instructor shuts off your air supply. You would not believe the panic that sets in, as soon as you cant take that first breath. The whole idea of that exercise was to try and prepare you in the event that you did have a no air situation. I still think Id panic though.
I didnt mean to stir anything up, I just found the vid to be rather interesting
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Water boarding - 03/16/10 08:14 PM
It's not the video that I object to. It's the inevitable heated pro-con debate about torture as an information gathering tool that I'd rather not see.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Water boarding - 03/16/10 08:21 PM

Discussions such as this rarely, if ever go well on this sight or any sight where people can not have the discussions in person or they do not know each other well. As a rule, I refrain from any political, religious or other discussion on this board where emotions and strong convictions are involved.
Posted By: RickF Re: Water boarding - 03/16/10 08:28 PM
I'm with Michael, whenever it comes to my personal views regarding politics and religion on message boards I keep 'em to myself ... for sure.

Now if you want to talk fishin'. ;\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Water boarding - 03/16/10 09:46 PM
I hear nothing, I see nothing...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Water boarding - 03/16/10 09:49 PM
Jeez, good thing I clicked the link, I thought water boarding was like snow boarding, except on water.
Posted By: Joe_in_SC Re: Water boarding - 03/16/10 10:21 PM
"Water boarding, not as much fun as it sounds."
Posted By: Adrian Re: Water boarding - 03/16/10 11:09 PM
 Originally Posted By: RickF

Now if you want to talk fishin'. ;\)

An inebriated ice fisherman drilled a hole in the ice, and a loud voice says, "There are no fish down there!!"

He walks several yards, drills another hole in the ice and peers into the hole and again hears a voice from above, "There are no fish down there!!"

This time he moves 50 yards, drills another hole and yet again, he hears the voice "There are no fish down there!!"

He looks up to the sky and says, "God, is that you!?"

"No you idiot!" the voice replies, "it's the rink manager!"
Posted By: darcman Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 12:54 AM
To all that gave me a tongue lashing
Ok, OK I should have known better. Ya no politics or religion.
When I posted the link, I should not have offered up any opinion, but rather a disclaimer stating this link is for educational purposes only and any actions here in are neither condoned, and are not necessarily the opinions of the poster.
Maybe I do lead a sheltered life or something but I didnt know what water boarding was. Sure I knew it had something to do with water and a board but that is pretty much self explanitory.
Sorry if I offended anyone, but I still found the vid interesting
Posted By: Wid Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 12:56 AM

Don't sweat it too much, it's all good.
Posted By: SRoode Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 01:23 AM
This is a loudspeaker forum that is very generously paid for by our hosts. I don't see how this has anything to do at all with speakers, sound, meeting people, what to listen to, etc. . I know this is the "Water" Cooler, but I think you may have taken that description way too much in the literal. My politics will never be discussed here.
Posted By: darcman Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 01:53 AM
 Originally Posted By: SRoode
This is a loudspeaker forum that is very generously paid for by our hosts. I don't see how this has anything to do at all with speakers, sound, meeting people, what to listen to, etc. . I know this is the "Water" Cooler, but I think you may have taken that description way too much in the literal. My politics will never be discussed here.

Ya well i said I was sorry, so dont bother discussing it then!!!
Posted By: RickF Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 02:17 AM
I wasn't trying to give you a tongue lashing, just expressing my opinion.

That spamming Richard Cranium pushing the golf clubs on the other hand ...
Posted By: darcman Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 02:29 AM
 Originally Posted By: RickF
I wasn't trying to give you a tongue lashing, just expressing my opinion.

Ya I know, but your right. Its like when your in a bar, those are 2 things you shouldnt discuss. Many bars have rules to that effect, No Politics and No Religion. It might lead lads to fistacuffs.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 02:34 AM
don't worry about it darcie.

politics, sex, and religion - like obamacare - are subjects best discussed in private, behind closed doors, with only leading members of the majority party present.

that's how democracy has worked for hundreds of years and who are we to mess with tradition, right?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 02:52 AM
 Quote:
politics, sex, and religion - like obamacare - are subjects best discussed in private, behind closed doors, with only leading members of the majority party present.

You just can't resist, can you?
Posted By: darcman Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 03:36 AM
 Originally Posted By: bigwill2
don't worry about it darcie.

its y not ie, ie is for girls

Maybe Ill start controversial thread of the day, just kidding.
Gotta go watch Shutter Island
Posted By: CV Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 05:01 AM
 Originally Posted By: darcman
its y not ie, ie is for girls

That's my dad's reasoning for spelling his name "Charly" instead of "Charlie," but it's not like ie is never used for strictly male names.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 02:54 PM
No one was given you crap Darcy, although it may feel that way to you. Some of us who have been around here for a few years just simply know how these threads go and were not looking foward to how this one would play out.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 03:12 PM
Yeah, michael_d and I used to piss each other off regularly in one such political thread in the distant (by internet standards) past.

I'm pretty sure we're good now and I'd hate to have to claw my way back from that abyss. ;\)
Posted By: snazzed Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 03:58 PM
Wow! I'm amazed! Somebody posts a potentially senzitive video that *anywhere* else on the Internet would have started a 50page Forum Flame war, but here...

Everyone is civil and prefers not to comment or disuss. This really *is* the best Forum I've ever come across!

Thanks guys!
snazzed
Posted By: medic8r Re: Water boarding - 03/17/10 05:15 PM
Happy to be of service.

My bill is in the mail.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Water boarding - 03/22/10 09:21 PM

© Axiom Message Boards