Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak Anyone using an Internet bank? - 04/01/10 12:10 AM
I'm thinking of switching banks and looking at this as an option. One concern is deposits. I don't want to mail a check in. I found one with "home deposits" where you can scan in the check and deposit directly online. This doesn't seem common yet though.

Other than that, most seem to have low minimum balances, better interest rates than B&M banks, and free ATM, some even rebating ATM fees if another bank charges you (and I hate ATM fees).

Let us know your experience if you've given it a try. I'm looking at ETrade, Everbank, Charles Scwabb, and a couple others. STill doing my digging on this.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Anyone using an Internet bank? - 04/01/10 12:15 AM
My brother uses Charles Schwabb but i think for trading equities (or at least he had used it in the past).
Posted By: audiosavant Re: Anyone using an Internet bank? - 04/01/10 01:08 AM
I've had an ING account for about 6 years.

Wish I had a lot of money in it!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Anyone using an Internet bank? - 04/01/10 01:28 AM
I too have been using an online ING account for a number of years. I remember getting really awesome interest rates with it too. I've never had any problems or issues at all.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Anyone using an Internet bank? - 04/02/10 10:12 PM
I have had an ING Direct Savings account for many years. I have no complaints. The interest rates are (well were, until rates tanked....) pretty good. Transactions in/out take a couple of days, but it's reliable. The auto-transfer savings plan stuff works great. 1099's are available quickly. And that's about all you can ask for in a saving's account. ;\)

I've thought about opening up an ING Orange Checking account. I probably would, except for two things. One, I use my debit card a lot, and I believe their card is Mastercard. I'd prefer Visa, as I have been places where they don't take Mastercard. Everyplace that does plastic accepts Visa.

And secondly, their free ATM network is very sparse where I live. The nearest fee-free ATM is 30 miles away inside a Target, which makes it kind of inconvenient to get cash. I too, am very averse to paying fees for withdrawing my own money at an ATM, so I won't use a non-network ATM unless it is an emergency. And I'm not sure if I could deal with being at the mercy of the "Cash back?" option at Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, etc.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Anyone using an Internet bank? - 04/05/10 12:47 AM
I was looking at ETrade as an option for that reason. If you get charged a fee by another ATM, they refund it.
© Axiom Message Boards