Axiom Home Page
Posted By: LT61 New speaker port product....don't miss this! - 04/01/10 03:15 AM
Hey guys,

I'm sorry I haven't posted more of late, but..I'm addicted to facebook now. Heh.
What I have just purchased, will blow you all away!
They're called "port chuffer cool-its". I found them on line, at an audiophile site. Since I have M60s...I ordered the "triple threat combo pack". There are (3) turbo-prop electric "fans" that bolt on the the speakers (1) on the front, and (2) on the back.
They actually suck the sound right out of the cabinets, not only cancelling out any possible chuffing....but increasing bass response x 2! I really like them, and I think other Axiomites will too. The "fans" spin so fast, they are silent, and are almost invisible! (grille cloths stay off now) Anyway, decide for yourselves, if "port chuffer cool-its" are for you.....here's the web site to check out. I got mine(all six) for only $1,100.00!! (reg. 1,995.95)

http://www.chuffingcoolits.com

[img][/img]
I got a girlfriend, so I get my port chuffed for free...
You're a bit early...
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
You're a bit early...

LOL I was gonna say the same thing! A+ for the effort thou.
 Originally Posted By: audiosavant
I got a girlfriend, so I get my port chuffed for free...

Shouldn't that be the other way around?
Sounds like you got a bargain...
I don't mean to be harsh but chuffincoolits sounds as much like a disease as they actually look like one growing from a speaker.

Also, and again I don't mean to be cruel but I hope they have expensive mounting contraptions or something because I was looking at what looked a lot like those exact fan units, (for no particular reason except that they caught my eye,) in a bulk discount bin at Princess Auto a few weeks ago and if I remember right , they were $15.00 a pop.

Finally, have you ever spoken through a fan to hear the fun effect that it has on your voice?

Or was your post a joke to begin with and I just need more coffee? Either way, I'm pretty sure I need that coffee.
Check the date guys.
Does it come with a HEPA filter?
I admit. You nailed me on this one. Good Job.

My schedule has been so out of whack lately, not only did I not know we had flipped to April but I also thought it was Wednesday. At least I 'suspected' it was a joke, even if I wasn't sure of it or the date. LOL.

On the Plus side, I now realize I have no work tomorrow !!!
 Originally Posted By: Murph
I admit. You nailed me on this one.

These may not be the days to start talking about nailing anyone... ;\)
Meanest April Fool's joke of all time: When we were in college, my now-wife and I knew the combinations for the other's mail box. One day she checked my mail and called me to let me know that the law school application, for the law school I most wanted to attend, had been returned due to insufficient postage. I panicked, as the date for submitting application had passed by that time. I thought I wasn't going to be able to go to the school I most wanted to go to as a result of insufficient postage. I was really upset. She actually let it go on for a while before yelling "April Fools." It was really evil.

She has pulled similar "funny" April Fools jokes since. She even did the same one two years in a row, and got me both times. The combination of not being too bright, and never thinking of April Fools, made me an easy target, so I think she got bored with it after a while (ten or fifteen years).
Larry, don't listen to the rest of these trolls, I just purchased a 7.3 setup of these for my system.
Thanks Randy,

You will be blown away....in fact, anyone who buys these, will be blown away. Why? Because they are that good, AND...because they are a lot of fans!
I pictured that Maxell ad guy in the chair....
I'm looking for an air conditioning attachment for an ICE amp.
© Axiom Message Boards