Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Adrian Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/01/10 03:08 PM
Looks like the character Thor will be the next Marvel superhero to hit the movies in a year or so.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/01/10 03:22 PM
If you're a comic geek like me, be sure to watch all the way through the end credits of Iron Man 2...there's a tease at the very end.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/01/10 04:05 PM
Haven't yet seen Iron Man II but looking forward to it.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/01/10 04:23 PM
I have never given Thor the respect that I now realize he deserves. That hammer is freakin' awesome.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/01/10 04:38 PM
I'm looking forward to Scarlett Johansson in "Iron Man 2."
Posted By: medic8r Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/01/10 04:43 PM
Ditto. Her catsuit is freakin' awesome.
Posted By: CV Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/01/10 04:44 PM
I'm not looking forward to Jon Favreau having lines. I don't know. The guy annoys me. He seems to have a bigger head after the success of the first Iron Man, and it's not like the movie was that great. A little too self-satisfied, but maybe I'm biased towards the humble. Of course, I could also just be totally off in my perception of him.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/01/10 04:47 PM
 Originally Posted By: medic8r
Ditto. Her catsuit is freakin' awesome.

3D would be icing on the cake.

I mean the cat's meow.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/01/10 05:05 PM
Tain't the catsuit, it's what's innit!!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/02/10 01:17 AM
3D...bleck! Ptui!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/02/10 01:19 AM
Well, I know, but just for Scarlett! \:D
Posted By: CV Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/02/10 01:23 AM
It's hard not to hate Kenneth Branagh, but I'll watch Thor for Natalie Portman, even if she's not wearing a catsuit.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/02/10 03:09 AM
...especially if she's not wearing a catsuit?
Posted By: CV Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/02/10 03:11 AM
What kind of suit would she be wearing?
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/02/10 04:06 AM
Birthday?
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/02/10 04:33 AM
 Originally Posted By: spiffnme
If you're a comic geek like me, be sure to watch all the way through the end credits of Iron Man 2...there's a tease at the very end.

Awesome. I LOVED the last teaser. Can't wait for the Avengers. Though I'm doubtful they could budget all those big stars for one movie. Hope I'm wrong.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/02/10 04:44 AM
I know at least Sam Jackson, and Chris Evans are contracted for the entire series of films, including Avengers. I think they both signed on for 9 films!
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/02/10 04:52 AM
Yeah, I hope Captain America turns out well. I started reading it again and this tougher re-imagined one is WAY bad A$$. Nice do over, considering that type of character can get way too hokey.
Posted By: CV Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/02/10 05:16 AM
 Originally Posted By: oldskoolboarder
Nice do over, considering that type of character can get way too hokey.

I didn't think anything of Chris Evans until Sunshine, and then I liked him a lot. I hadn't heard of him being cast as Captain America. Here's hoping he/they can pull it off. I'm sure it will be a tightrope act.
Posted By: Murph Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/03/10 05:15 PM
I loved the Thor comics as a kid. It got me reading into Norse Mythology. Norse is actually my favorite of the major mythologizes. The stories and characters are very developed and intricate. Especially interesting are the depictions of the nine worlds and I also recall a historical fiction novel that although very much fantasy fiction, concentrated on the Norse explanation of magic and how the interweaving of sound and song called upon the magics.

And of course, There are lot's of kick ass, dark heroes and villains but without the constant zoophilia found in Roman and Greek mythology.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/03/10 05:23 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
There are lot's of kick ass, dark heroes and villains but without the constant zoophilia found in Roman and Greek mythology.

Artfully put.

Had you said that in another way, then our hits through Google would have taken quite an odd turn.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/03/10 05:30 PM
I always thought Thor was one of the "coolest" Superheroes that Marvel came out with. I'm surprised it's taking them as much time to bring him to the screen. From what I recall as a kid, he was always pitted up against the Hulk with nearly all their battles ending in a stalemate.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/03/10 05:51 PM
All those heavy hitters - Hulk, Thing, Thor, Hercules, Wonder Man - were often going at it. Can't tell you how many Hulk v. Thing battles I've got in the longboxes in the basement. ;\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/03/10 05:54 PM
Wonder Man?

"She" was a "He", omg!!
Posted By: Murph Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/03/10 05:56 PM
Wonder Man?
I thought he only had one issue before DC threatened a lawsuit for copying Superman and they discontinued.

I could be wrong as I have no idea why I even remember that. A drunken, trivia night flashback, no doubt.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Next "Marvel" Movie - 05/04/10 02:58 AM
Eh, DC had a webslinger minor character off an on through the late 60s, early 70s. Maybe more, but those are the comics I read.
© Axiom Message Boards