Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 04:11 AM
If you've never been to Kauai, go! It's BEAUTIFUL!

slideshow

Not certain if that link will work or not. \:\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 04:12 AM
That little guy gets around. \:\)
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 04:17 AM
He certainly does!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 04:25 AM
Wow, it's beautiful there! Thank you for sharing those!

Craig, what camera do you guys use?
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 04:28 AM
Nice. Did you guys get to eat at Hamura's Saimin or get some of the fried terriyaki chicken at the Imu Hut in Hanapepe? 2 definite can't miss foods.
Posted By: CV Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 04:56 AM
 Originally Posted By: spiffnme
It's BEAUTIFUL!

No argument here. That's breathtaking. Those colors really humble this dustbowl I live in.

My mom was thinking of going back to Hawaii (Oahu, since she's from Honolulu), but then she decided not to. It's been 20 years since she's been there. How ridiculous is that? I'm trying to pressure her into going, but so far it's a no-go. She doesn't think she has enough money to go. If there's a PTO cashout at work in time, I'll try to send her. I'm tired of her excuses!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 05:14 AM
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Wow, it's beautiful there! Thank you for sharing those!

Craig, what camera do you guys use?

Olympus E-510is
Canon Powershot SD-1200is
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 05:20 AM
Thanks, Craig!
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 12:54 PM
My favorite is the pictures of the M&Ms.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 02:13 PM
Nice pictures. Out of curiousity, is that Spiff sitting on the fence?
Posted By: fredk Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 02:19 PM
That brings back some memories. I remember standing a the lookout to the Kaulau valley with it raining on one side of the valley and being sunny on the other side. Thats as close to paradise as I have ever come.

Nice pictures.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 04:47 PM
I really enjoyed the pictures, Craig. I especially appreciated seeing some shots of you and Roger (and Mr. Bear, of course).

We have MANY of the same pictures, with other people in them \:\)

I envy your experiences on the helicopter and the boat. Looks like you guys did it right. Must've been fantastic.

Did you snorkel? Where did you stay?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 11:31 PM
 Originally Posted By: oldskoolboarder
Nice. Did you guys get to eat at Hamura's Saimin or get some of the fried terriyaki chicken at the Imu Hut in Hanapepe? 2 definite can't miss foods.

We did go to Hamura's. Pretty good. We're spoiled by a noodle shop right near us here in LA though. \:\)
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 11:33 PM
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
Nice pictures. Out of curiousity, is that Spiff sitting on the fence?

Spiff's my husband (for lack of a better term). Mr. Bear is I think who you are referring to. (see my avatar) He's traveled the world with us! I'm putting together a gallery of images of him sight-seeing. I'll post it later. \:\)
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/09/10 11:37 PM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I really enjoyed the pictures, Craig. I especially appreciated seeing some shots of you and Roger (and Mr. Bear, of course).

We have MANY of the same pictures, with other people in them \:\)

I envy your experiences on the helicopter and the boat. Looks like you guys did it right. Must've been fantastic.

Did you snorkel? Where did you stay?

Stayed in a cottage near the center of the island while in Kauai. We did snorkel a couple of times. Fun, but didn't see all that much. The boat ride and the canyon were definitely high-lights of the trip. The helicopter ride was good too, but didn't compare to the fun of the boat. \:\)

While in Waikiki we stayed at the Halekulani - in their "Wera Wang Suite". My brother won a contest and won 3 nights in the suite. AMAZING. We even had a butler! They have you fill out a form before you arrive so you can let them know any special requests you may have. (as a joke I asked for M&M's separated by color - and they did it!)
Posted By: fredk Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 12:34 AM
\:D

My son and I looked at each other... Drugs? Oh, wait, there's an m on one of those.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 01:32 AM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
Drugs? Oh, wait, there's an m on one of those.

Mescaline.

Craig, I said it on FB, but will say it here too: Awesome Vacation photos! I watched them all and felt like I was there!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 01:48 AM
Thanks!
Posted By: fredk Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 01:49 AM
Really? I could never afford brand name drugs...
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 11:57 AM
MR. BEAR LIVES!!!!! Spectacular scenery. You got to Pearl Harbor too. Cool. I would've loved to tour the Missouri, the Arizona memorial, and the Bowfin (a storied submarine!).

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 02:43 PM
The Pearl Harbor memorial park is completely under construction. There was very little there to see or do. I'd been there before and loved it, but this time it was rather boring. Plus the ferry out to the Arizona was sold out by 9:30am (a big cruise ship had docked the day before). So the morning at Pearl Harbor was a bit of a bust.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 03:43 PM
Very nice Craig, It's been 15 years since I've been there, great to see it hasn't changed to much.

Next year when I turn the big 55, my wife has promised that we will take the 2 week cruise from LA through the islands with the kids, I'm really looking forward to it.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 03:59 PM
 Originally Posted By: HomeDad
, my wife has promised that we will take the 2 week cruise from LA through the islands with the kids

That's two promises, kinda. Can't you just have the first one? Drive up to SF and drop the kids off at Ken's.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 04:02 PM
I kill you.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 04:07 PM

Posted By: BobKay Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 04:08 PM
Really! I'm still

Excellent one!!
Posted By: Murph Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 04:32 PM
Beautiful pictures! It definitely did make me want to go.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/10/10 06:15 PM
 Originally Posted By: spiffnme
So the morning at Pearl Harbor was a bit of a bust.
Quelle Bumaire!!!!
Posted By: RayLewis Re: Hawaiian Vacation! - 05/11/10 03:44 PM
Nice picks. My wife and I went to Kauai in 2001. It rained pretty much the whole time, and those pics make me want to go back. The problem is there are so many places we want to go, I hate to go back to the same place twice (other than Italy, which we pretty regularly find a reason to return to).
© Axiom Message Boards