Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Argon Graduation - 05/10/10 04:36 PM
Well....I just got a raise. Number 1 daughter graduated yesterday. John Grisham was the Commencement Speaker. Well spoken as you might imagine and quite humorous. One of his self-professed self serving topics was encouraging the grads to read a book a month. He stated that the big publishing houses in NYC were very concerned that they could not figure out the current generation. He said that about 50% of the research shows that the current generation, because of technology - Kindles, Internet, IPADs, as well as books will read more. Conversely, the other 50% of the research shows that because of technology, the current generation will read less.
His speech made the rest of the boring stuff worth the price of admission. My wife says we should become graduation stalkers and attend the ones where we would like to hear the Commencement Speakers.....
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Graduation - 05/10/10 04:42 PM
Congrats to you and your family!
Posted By: Murph Re: Graduation - 05/10/10 04:48 PM
Indeed. Congratulations on her big Accomplishment.
Posted By: Argon Re: Graduation - 05/10/10 04:49 PM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Congrats to you and your family!

Thanks, Tom. It was a good but bittersweet day.
Posted By: Argon Re: Graduation - 05/10/10 04:50 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Indeed. Congratulations on her big Accomplishment.

I am quite the proud poppa. One more to go. She will be a soph next year.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Graduation - 05/10/10 05:06 PM
Hey, you can still get those special family tickets to all the good games for a couple more years!

Congrats!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Graduation - 05/11/10 12:59 AM
Congrats, Argon!
Posted By: Argon Re: Graduation - 05/11/10 02:06 AM
Thanks, guys. I don't know how many of you have older kids - she is supposedly at the beach by now but has forgotten to call and say she arrived safely. Happens every time.....
Posted By: Adrian Re: Graduation - 05/11/10 02:17 AM
Congratulations to you and your family, Rob!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Graduation - 05/11/10 01:39 PM
Congrats! My 4.5yo daughter just learned how to ride a bike yesterday (after only a couple days!). Your news shows me how many more milestones lie ahead for her.
© Axiom Message Boards