Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Glitchy Headphones some might be interested in $$$$ - 05/12/10 03:39 PM
Headphones some might be interested in $$$$

http://www.headphile.com/
They'll look really nice on my head when late night listening won't allow these:

[url=www.magico.net/?d=03_Products/06_/Ultimate_II/1.html#bottom[/url]
Sorry. Can't get that to make a link.
Missing the ] after the word bottom.

Also need a(some) word(s) between bottom] xxx and [/url] to click on.
I really like those headphone stands. I would love to get some custom made ones similar to those.
I never looked to see what he charges but they look super easy to make. I'm not sure if the tubing is wood or not, but I hope so. The nice baseboard finish would be ruined by sticking PVC or similar tubing.

Could be done entirely as a nostalgic, hand tool project except I think I would really want to use a drill press with some clamping to drill out the oversize holes in the dowels.
Yeah, I drooled over that a few years back. Some of that wood is just drop dead gorgeous.
Headpile! REFLECT!
I like the stand that you can hang 4 headphones on. That would be the ideal design for me. I would love to fill that stand out with the AKG 271 and some Beyer DT880's!
Many head-fiers built their own stands. All you need is the right towel/bath hook (many got from Ikea) and a wood base. I bought a used one off somebody and it holds 2 headphones. Not too shabby.
Posted By: Wid Re: Headphones some might be interested in $$$$ - 05/12/10 09:23 PM

A banana stand makes for a nice headphone stand.
Yup that too. I didn't even know those existed until I started researching headphones.
I've looked into banana stands. I have a ugly white plastic one and it does its job as well as any fancy stand. The metal banana stands are very nice looking but I have not found them in any stores I have looked. With the metal banana stands you have to be careful with the hook that you hang the headphones on because they will make a permanent indentation or scratches on the headphone. It is best to modify the hook on those to alleviate any wear on the headband and to make the hook more stable for headphones rather than bananas.

A nice wood stand is what I want now.
I just saw the link and thought some of you guys might like it.... now I'm thinking ...

for Sound and a nice touch to the media room (looks wise!) running an extension cable from the rack/AVR and put a jack in the end table with a headphone stand and do some research on headphones!

(haven't had a set of full headphones on since I use to play my dad's drums along with Cream on a reel to reel!. Crossroads, Born under a Bad Sign, and others...)
You mentioned reel to reel. One setup I can't forget:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/474994/norcal-sf-bay-area-feb-27-meet-impressions/45
 Originally Posted By: oldskoolboarder

The "kids" are going to ask!
© Axiom Message Boards