Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ajax Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 05/13/10 03:05 PM
I thought I would post this over here, cuz I know that at least one other forum member has one of these and he might want to know about replacing the batteries, which, sooner or later will be necessary. I could've just PMed him this info, but I thought maybe someone else might be interested.

The other day, I noticed that the "replace battery" light on My PureAV AP30800 Home Theater Battery Backup was lit. Since my AP30800 was out of warranty, Belkin wasn't really much help. They did provide me with a link to a company where I could get replacement batteries, but they provided no information on how to do the replacement.

So, with some trepidation, I began to tear into my AP30800 all by myself. After removing many more screws than necessary, I am proud to say I actually figured out the proper procedure for opening the unit, removing the old batteries, rewiring the new batteries (no soldering necessary), and closing the incision (nurse you now may remove my mask and gloves).

The point of this post is simply to let you know that I know how to do this, and if it ever becomes necessary for you to do it, just PM me and I'll send you the instructions. If you prefer, PM me now and I'll send them now (well, as soon as I have them completed). I can send them attached to an email as either a WORD document or a .pdf.

The replacement batteries (2 are needed) can be found, at the moment, from around $48 delivered (original 7AH version) to $68 delivered (9AH version). Larger Amp-hour = Longer backup time. All listed batteries are guaranteed to be compatible with the AP30800. I opted for the the 9AH version.
Jack still cares about Mark us!
Awesome, Jack.

I've been replacing many batteries from UPS units of late, and wondering when those Belkin ones would go.

Can I just ship the unit to you and give you a $5 McDonald's gift card to do the work? You old guys like McDonald's, right? And, $5 is, like, a lot of money to you too? \:\)

Jeeesh, Jack, I'm sorry. You come on here to make a nice offer, and I kick you in the 'nads.

I, and I'm sure many others, really do appreciate the offer. I just couldn't resist the joke.
Posted By: fredk Re: Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 05/14/10 01:19 AM
\:D

And on topic too. You're in top form today Mark!
Posted By: fredk Re: Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 05/14/10 01:21 AM
 Originally Posted By: Ajax
Since my AP30800 was out of warranty, Belkin wasn't really much help.

Thats surprising. APC probably makes as much money with their batteries as with UPS units.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 05/14/10 02:56 AM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Awesome, Jack.

I've been replacing many batteries from UPS units of late, and wondering when those Belkin ones would go.

Can I just ship the unit to you and give you a $5 McDonald's gift card to do the work? You old guys like McDonald's, right? And, $5 is, like, a lot of money to you too? \:\)

Jeeesh, Jack, I'm sorry. You come on here to make a nice offer, and I kick you in the 'nads.

I, and I'm sure many others, really do appreciate the offer. I just couldn't resist the joke.
What makes you think I was trying to do something nice. I was looking for the "oh Jack you are such a clever fellow to figure out how to change the batteries all by your lonesome. What a genius!!!! What a wonderful fellow!!!!" response. And what do I get? Bad jokes. Sheesh!

;\)
oh Jack you are such a clever fellow to figure out how to change the batteries all by your lonesome. What a genius!!!! What a wonderful fellow!!!!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 05/14/10 11:37 AM
I feel much better now.
Posted By: CV Re: Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 05/14/10 05:10 PM
The things we tell the aged to comfort them....
I think you jinx me Jack....

I do not get a "replace battery light", but the right side battery power indication light is non-existant. It won't charge either. I may have bigger problems than a battery. I through the manual away a few months ago thinking I'd never use it.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 06/19/10 04:26 PM
I'd be willing to bet you can download the manual from somewhere on the Net.
I found the manual under the unit. Forgot I put it there....

I think the charger is toast. No lights on the anywhere and it's pretty warm to the touch.

One more thing added to the list of things I need to do.... Tear it apart and troubleshoot. I reckon this can wait a spell. My house is a disaster. I've been re-finishing my hard wood floor and there's a layer of dust everywhere, furniture is all over the place, books on the floors....
Jack, you jinxed me. My battery went out on my Belkin last night during a rare outage.

Please don't read the jokes I made about you above, and earn the beer OJ I'll buy you in Dwight by forwarding the battery replacement directions to me.

Pretty please with a foamy pulpy top? grin
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 08/06/10 04:22 PM
OH Crap! Now I have to try to remember where I put them? frown
Pumping an older thread, My PureAV batteries died as well but they lasted 6 yrs so I can not complain. Where have you guys ordered from in Canada? I will probably order from Arizonabattery or Puresonic as they are much cheaper. The unit is great so I do want to keep using it.

Who can advise which screws are removed to access the batteries?

Cheers
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 11/28/13 09:18 PM
I responded to your PM.
Jack,
Would really appreciate your instructions if you still have them. My batteries lasted at least 6 years, never got a replace battery light, however lost power a few times recently and no battery backup.
If Jack doesn't still have them, I likely have his .PDF.

I pulled it out a few weeks ago to buy replacement batts for MY Belkin (Thanks Jack!), but I've re-loaded Windows since then and would have to go through backed-up stuff to get to it.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 07/09/15 11:42 AM
I've got it. Sending you a PM.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 07/09/15 11:48 AM
Mark, I sent the instructions to a fellow and he found an even simpler way to do the replacement without having to remove the top plate. Boy, did I feel like a putz. Sending you the new version. If anybody else wants the new version, just let me know.
Thank you, Jack.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 07/09/15 01:04 PM
You're welcome.
In case you ever loose track of your paper (analogue) manual, a PDF version lives here:
http://www.belkin.com/support/dl/p74522_ap41300-12_manual.pdf
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin (PureAV) UPS Battery Replacement - 02/12/16 12:29 PM
Thank you. Always good to know.
© Axiom Message Boards