Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nachosgrande New Rush Single out soon - 06/24/10 04:29 PM
Received this the other day. if you purchase $40 from Rush store they will include the single for free... Anyone heard this yet?

New Rush Single Caravan/BU2B
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New Rush Single out soon - 06/24/10 04:44 PM
I saw that the "Beyond the Lighted Stage" documentary will be shown on Palladia this weekend and released on BD and DVD 6/29/10.

A CD single, eh? Those guys are not missing a trick.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New Rush Single out soon - 06/24/10 05:58 PM
Rush Rocks!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New Rush Single out soon - 06/24/10 06:14 PM
Guys, I don't have the info in front of me, but I have a TiVo season pass for a show that documents how recordings are made, and I saw that in a couple of days, it's to record a new, 2010 episode on the recording of (I believe) Moving Pictures.

I'll try to find out when it's being broadcast, but in case I forget, I wanted to throw this out there. Anyone with a search function for programming (like a TiVo) could find it by KW searching RUSH...
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: New Rush Single out soon - 06/24/10 07:55 PM
I downloaded the two new Rush songs from ITunes on June 5th.
Usually I don't download music as I would prefer to own the cd however I was curious to hear the new music.
These songs just flat out rock! Sounds like they (Rush) are carrying on from the Snakes & Arrows sessions. The Time Machine Tour begins June 29th
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New Rush Single out soon - 06/24/10 09:05 PM
OK, the show is Classic Albums and it shows it's first airing on June 26th on VH1CL (VH1 Classic?).

It's on the recording of 2112 and Moving Pictures, and I'll be TiVo'ing it and outputting to DVD! \:\)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New Rush Single out soon - 06/24/10 09:09 PM
Thanks, Mark. I'll look for it! I'm not positive I get that channel, though, so keep me in mind when you're, um, burning outputting.

I was gonna rework that sentence, but I figured you guys probably needed the material.
Posted By: Potatohead Re: New Rush Single out soon - 06/24/10 10:44 PM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
Rush Rocks!

Absolutely
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: New Rush Single out soon - 06/26/10 12:25 AM
If you have directv, on the 101 right now is a Rush show from Snakes and Arrows tour - not sure if it's from the recent dvd/blu-ray or unique to directv. also replaying sunday...
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New Rush Single out soon - 06/28/10 01:30 AM
The Classic Albums show seems to have been pulled from VH1 Classics. It was supposed to record Saturday night, but the time slot was instead the new documentary Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage. I let that record, and saw that the Classic Albums episode was supposed to be repeated today at 2:30PM. it ends up that that was also not the episode, and now it doesn't show any more recurrences of being aired. TiVo will automatically look for it now and record it should it turn up sometime in the future.

In the meantime, I just finished watching the Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage documentary and thought it was excellent! As an interested but not rabid Rush fan, I learned a lot and want to get into some more of their music now.

I see that Amazon has the BD for the same price as the DVD. Even though I've seen it, I might pick up the BD anyway.
© Axiom Message Boards