Axiom Home Page
Posted By: FordPrefect Happy Canada Day - 07/01/10 01:46 PM
Happy Canada Day fellow Canadians (and everyone else too).

Any special plans for the day? My gf and I will be going to the fireworks display at either the Burlington or Hamilton Waterfront.

I hope you all managed to get Friday off as well so you can have a super long weekend. Weather in Southern Ontario is going to be beautiful.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/10 01:48 PM
Oh, and in an effort to boost my meager post count may I also add that we are now 143 years young. Almost on par with Jack smile
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/10 01:51 PM
Happy Canada Day!

May you each find a puck under each Mountie's Horse!

Wait... that just doesn't sound right.....!
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/10 01:57 PM
Eyoooo.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/10 04:07 PM
Happy Canada Day, all y'all!
Posted By: SRoode Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/10 04:50 PM
Happy Canada Day!

Is this when you get 5 Golden Toques and a Beer in a Tree?
Posted By: RickF Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/10 11:28 PM
Happy Canada Day!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/02/10 03:02 AM
Happy Canada Day! I heard that in Canada there's no 4th of July?
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/02/10 03:09 AM
that's correct, we go from the 3rd to the 5th smile sort of like not having a 13th floor.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/02/10 03:14 AM
Yeah, Wayne; about once a year I have the opportunity to feed that straight line out. Hope you enjoyed the fireworks.
Posted By: Murph Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/02/10 11:46 AM
Thanks all.
I spent the holiday nursing a bad cold by ignoring it and doing yard work. A far cry from our Canada parties of old where we would have 20 or more tents in our backyard, a different mini sport activity every year, a live band on our deck (always a young budding group who would play for beer and BBQ) and a campfire as we watched the fireworks across the bay.

Last night, I watched the fireworks from my bed. My head never left the pillow but I still had a great view.

Gotta get better as we are hosting a 'relatively smaller' party for my best friends fortieth birthday on Saturday, plus another buddy's birthday whose BD is actually on Canada day. Die germs Die!!!!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/02/10 11:49 AM
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling better.

What time do you want all of us there next year?
Posted By: Murph Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/02/10 12:11 PM
Next year July first is on a Friday and we are slowly reinstating our old Canada Day Parties. We are considering this year a warm up year.

So get there early on Friday for the best tent location! Seriously...

The only reason we stopped having them was because they started getting big name bands in for a festival in town. We didn't feel we could compete with the likes of Nickelback, Three Days Grace, The Tragically Hip, Collective Soul and the like. For some reason, they refuse to play for beer and BBQ.

This year they succumbed to the complaints of those living in the neighborhood and they changed it to a more 'family' oriented affair. Earlier start times and "Great Big Sea" and "Bachman Turner" as headliners. I'm sure it will be a quieter crowd but they are not getting good ticket sales either.
© Axiom Message Boards