Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson SRV fans.... - 07/06/10 06:49 PM
Anyone heard this kid? There are also other videos on YouTube by him...

There are so many kids these days that are just SO talented at a young age.....
Posted By: casey01 Re: SRV fans.... - 07/06/10 07:32 PM
Being an old guitar player myself there is no doubt what he plays he plays it "technically" quite well. The only problem with these kids is as talented as many of them are, they won't make much headway copying someone else and as they get older, careers, more often then not, fizzle out. I have seen it happen countless times,over the years, with some pretty impressive musicians. SRV was an original who has been copied by many quality players.

Given the way the music business has evolved, if this boy wants a greater chance for success, along with writing his own material, he must develop his own style.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: SRV fans.... - 07/07/10 12:37 AM
not bad..
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: SRV fans.... - 07/29/10 05:02 PM
Chris and Tommy on the coming 20 year anniversary of Stevie's death and then an interview with Jimmie.
Posted By: RickF Re: SRV fans.... - 07/30/10 12:57 AM
I'll have to read those interviews tomorrow Mark, July's 'Guitar' magazine had Stevie on the cover along with a couple of good articles regarding Stevie ... but you may have been the one who told me about it!

Speaking of Stevie, I just received my 'Couldn't Stand The Weather' Legacy Edition in the mail yesterday. cool
On the flip side, I pre-ordered SRV and Albert King's 'In Session' DVD back in May (I believe) and got an email from CD Universe a couple of days ago stating that the item was discontinued from the vendor ... dammit man!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: SRV fans.... - 11/29/10 11:05 AM
Originally Posted By: RickF
I pre-ordered SRV and Albert King's 'In Session' DVD back in May (I believe) and got an email from CD Universe a couple of days ago stating that the item was discontinued from the vendor ... dammit man!

Rick (and anyone else interested): I noted my TiVo is recording that broadcast in HD tonight. Check your local PBS schedule!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: SRV fans.... - 11/29/10 05:01 PM
It's not on until midnight on Saturday here, but I clicked the button. Thanks so much for the heads-up!
Posted By: Kruncher Re: SRV fans.... - 11/29/10 06:58 PM
I stumbled across the In Session program on Saturday night just scanning the PVR guide for what was coming up later. It was on PBS Detroit IIRC. Managed to watched about 30 minutes of it so far. Killer stuff. Robert Cray was in the PBS studio telling some SRV stories too. It just got better and better. Can't wait to watch the rest tonight.

Anybody ever try recording a DVD from a program recorded on a Shaw HD PVR? No network/external storage options on this box, I don't believe. I've got a Toshiba DVD recorder but haven't tried that yet.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: SRV fans.... - 11/29/10 07:00 PM
Not from a Shaw, but I output stuff from TiVo to DVD often.
Posted By: Kruncher Re: SRV fans.... - 11/29/10 07:06 PM
Excellent. I'll give it a go. cool Thanks Mark!

I went and recorded it on the PVR in the bedroom and would much prefer to enjoy it on the main system.

Might have to save the Robert Cray and David Gilmour HDNet concerts that I've got on the other PVR in this way too. wink
© Axiom Message Boards