Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Count down - 07/08/10 02:05 PM
I am counting the days till my speakers are shipped! It has been 16 days since I ordered. So for the guys who are wondering about getting from FO you will be able to know how long my order has taken to get to my door in Japan!
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Count down - 07/09/10 05:56 PM
Axiom told me my speakers are estimated to be shipped on July 13th. So it would be a 3 week wait for shipping plus another week to get them here in Japan. I guess that by the end of the month they will be set up in my room already! smile
Posted By: dakkon Re: Count down - 07/09/10 06:21 PM
when i ordered from the FO i think the wait was about a week.. I must have gotten lucky in the production cycle...

I'm waiting for my VP-180 to arrive on monday, so i definitely feel you.
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Count down - 07/15/10 12:03 AM
I guess that will take some more time, since no news have been heard from Axiom till now. If I knew that were taking 4 weeks I would definitely not have gone with FO. frown
Posted By: dakkon Re: Count down - 07/15/10 12:40 AM
call and talk to brent or JC, they can give you some kind of idea, i would think?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Count down - 07/15/10 01:20 AM
The 10% savings through the FO is worth the longer wait, IMO. They will be there eventually, hang in there.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Count down - 07/15/10 01:24 AM
AKA - delayed gratification.

Scott
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Count down - 07/15/10 01:57 AM
They told me July 13 th. Lol So now it is just a couple of days till the 4 week count time frame. As I have read the forums most of the people got them within 2 weeks time, some after 3 weeks and I heard one guy saying his order took a month. To my disappointment mine will take 4 weeks as well. It is just so hard to wait. lol crazy At least I discovered that my old stereo speakers are no as crappy ones as I though it would be. I am enjoying them much more now connected to the Denon 3310 than I was before! smile It gives me so much bass that I was wondering that the EP350 might be too much for my small room. Taking in consideration is an apartment and I don't wanna bother all the neighbors. I guess inviting some of them over will be a good thing to do since they also like LOUD sound! smile
Posted By: Adrian Re: Count down - 07/15/10 02:10 AM
As Jay said, the 10% FO discount is worth it, imo. I know it's hard to be patient when you're looking forward to something, but it'll be worth it.

I just received some furniture that I ordered a while back...they advertised 4-6 week wait but told me 8 weeks was more likely...well...it took 17 weeks. I'm sure you won't be waiting anywhere near that for your speakers though!!....patience.
Posted By: CV Re: Count down - 07/15/10 04:23 AM
You guys are crazy. I'd probably even pay a little extra to get the shipping expedited. I doubt the Factory Outlet will ever get my business.
Posted By: Murph Re: Count down - 07/15/10 10:59 AM
But are you not going with down payments for your most recent purchase? Could you not have combined the wait time of making the down payments with the factory wait to save the 10% and still get them at the same time? Perhaps the wait period does not begin until the final payment.

I'm not even 100% sure I remember you mentioning down payments really. Just thinking out loud. Err typing out loud? Umm thinking with my fingers? Oh God! Now I've opened myself up for Micah to turn this into something dirty. LOL!
Posted By: CV Re: Count down - 07/15/10 04:40 PM
Ha ha. You're right. I am doing layaway payments. I guess I wait when I have to, and part of it is also that I already have two EP800s and know that getting two more is wildly unnecessary.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Count down - 07/15/10 06:28 PM
Kind of like 32 GB of RAM in a home computer.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Count down - 07/15/10 06:32 PM
<hates ClubNeon>
Posted By: fredk Re: Count down - 07/15/10 06:50 PM
Yeah, but I'll bet he doesn't have a network of PDP11s in his living room.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Count down - 07/15/10 06:57 PM
I do have a DEC Alpha with dual 21264 CPUs, but that's as old as I get.
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Count down - 07/16/10 07:46 PM
My order has finally been shipped. Just some a few days till I get my speakers. Can't wait! smile
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Count down - 07/16/10 08:07 PM
Yippee!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Count down - 07/16/10 08:07 PM
So, are you going to have us all in your home for a listening party? smile
Posted By: Murph Re: Count down - 07/18/10 01:06 PM
Cause it looks really funny when we all stand around your house with our ears to the walls.
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Count down - 07/18/10 01:51 PM
If you can come to Japan! LOL My speakers are already here in the country. Hopefully Fedex will deliver them tomorrow. Can't wait!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Count down - 07/18/10 02:17 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Posted By: RickF Re: Count down - 07/18/10 02:25 PM
On the bright side ... your tomorrow will come several hours quicker than our tomorrow, so let us know later this evening how you made out.

:gin:

Mmmmmm Gin!

grin

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Count down - 07/18/10 02:35 PM
:adds tonic and a lime:
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Count down - 07/18/10 04:01 PM
Aaaahhh....Gin.

NOW I know where the excessive laughter in the other thread came from!
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Count down - 07/19/10 01:26 AM
Update: Called Fedex this morning and have been told the delivery will be postponed to tomorrow. Gotta wait another day. Probably I won't be able to get my package tomorrow as I have special commitments on the hospital. smile
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Count down - 07/20/10 05:07 AM
I think the EP350 is way too BIG for my room. LOL I wasn't expecting something that size. I connected it to the receiver but got no sound at all. I am trying to figure it out what might be the problem.
© Axiom Message Boards