Axiom Home Page
Anybody use one and how do you like it?
Suprisingly enough there are individuals out there that are passionate about home weather stations as there are people about home audio smile. But if you break it down, its just a gadget and I like gadgets smile.

The one I picked up, stock, predicts the weather forecast, measures in/outdoor temperature, heat index, wind chill, wind speed, wind direction, UVI, barometric pressure, rainfall, in/outdoor humidity and dew point. I am also able to add additional sensors to the unit. For instance, if I want a reading of the temperature of the pond, I can add a sensor for that. Pretty cool.

This all comes with computer software, and by hooking up the base station through usb collects and stores all the data so I can analyze time periods (days, months or years), plot graphs etc.

The only thing I am worried about is how the outdoor sensors are going to hold up over time during harsh winters. I can't wait to get this thing installed. grin

You need a crossover interface so your theater system can adjust it's playback volume in real time to allow for changes in the barometric pressure.

Bonus points if you adjust screen brightness to compensate for changes in humidity.
That would be cool...lol. Based on similar principles, I would love to have a LeCoultre Atmos clock.

Here's my favorite weather station
You didn't mention what brand / model you bought...
Well as far as Branded Models go, I'd recommend something in the line of Isabeli Fontana. I like both the model and her brands.

© Axiom Message Boards