Axiom Home Page
Posted By: FordPrefect Axiom Anniversary and Selling a House - 08/11/10 03:23 PM
I don't think I'll ever be able to title another post with this subject line so I might as well strike while the iron is hot.

The short story is my house has been up for sale for the last 6 weeks. On Monday I got an offer to buy with a closing date of September 15. Well that’s a bit of a problem as I'm not sure I can do an Axiom weekend just before I have to move.

Today however I was saved by an early (7:12am) morning phone call. We have reached an agreement on the price but they would like an earlier closing date of August 27th.

I said YES, it may only be a little more than 2 weeks away but that is more than enough time for me (he said optimistically)to get everything sorted.

The only problem, with apologies to JohnK, may be the lawyers but I'm sure they can speed things up for me.

In any case this means I get to meet you AND move on with my life, and that's a very good thing indeed.

Now I'd better book a room......
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Anniversary and Selling a House - 08/11/10 04:25 PM
Wonderful news, Wayne!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Anniversary and Selling a House - 08/11/10 04:26 PM
Lawyers are always THE problem laugh . Happy to hear you sold you're house, Wayne! I know someone who's struggling to sell theirs, and have seen others in the neighborhood for sale for a long time.

And we'll see you at Axiom!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Anniversary and Selling a House - 08/11/10 04:43 PM
Good luck with everthang!
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom Anniversary and Selling a House - 08/11/10 08:36 PM
Originally Posted By: wheelz999
Lawyers are always THE problem

Not always. THE problem during my divorce was not taking more of my lawyers advice.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Anniversary and Selling a House - 08/11/10 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: fredk
Originally Posted By: wheelz999
Lawyers are always THE problem

Not always. THE problem during my divorce was not taking more of my lawyers advice.

LOL

Or that you got married...... grin . That's a problem in itself!
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom Anniversary and Selling a House - 08/11/10 10:26 PM
More precisely, I got married to the wrong person, but yes that was the root cause.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom Anniversary and Selling a House - 08/12/10 02:24 AM
Cam, you should also realize that if you expect to get the best service you should retain an attorney, rather than hire a "lawyer".
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Anniversary and Selling a House - 08/12/10 03:10 AM
ALRIGHT WAYNE! I'll be happy to finally meet you. smile
Looking forward to meeting you as well Jack.
At least the "over 18" group will be well represented smile
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Anniversary and Selling a House - 08/12/10 01:43 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting you, too. And also to seeing Jack again. I'm in his neighborhood often enough that it's a shame I haven't re-visited.
I'm looking forward to meeting everybody! Except Tom - Him, I've met. wink

Seriously, glad you can make it Wayne.

Scott
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Axiom Anniversary and Selling a House - 08/13/10 02:07 AM
Congrats on the home sale. We've had ours on the market since early March and we've gotten a lot of interest recently (granted, dropping the price down $35,000 over the last 2 months hasn't hurt), but now we are still waiting for that buyer. I just moved into an apartment this week so that my 16 year old can start the school year at the new school, while my 11 year old is going to start at her old school while my wife and her live at "home"...

Someday it will all work out, and I am sure that I will be excited too. Granted, you also have an Axiom weekend to go to that I don't, but it will still be good.
© Axiom Message Boards