Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jorge016 Laptop Hard drive replacement?? - 09/27/10 02:05 AM
Can anyone give me some suggestions for a replacement harddrive for a HP Pavilion dv6000 series laptop. This has been a pretty sturdy little laptop which is now used by my 3 kids. Any suggestions on what to buy or avoid would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Laptop Hard drive replacement?? - 09/27/10 02:37 AM
Sounds like it's got a standard 2.5" laptop drive. I might look at the Seagate Momentus XT line for a bit of a speed boost and probably a capacity boost as well. If you want speed at the expense of capacity, look into SSDs. I'd go with something from OCZ, Crucial, Corsair, or Intel.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Laptop Hard drive replacement?? - 09/27/10 03:23 PM
Go with the Seagate or the Corsair - base your purchase price on disk size and spin rate.
Posted By: prototype3a Re: Laptop Hard drive replacement?? - 09/27/10 03:26 PM
The hitachi 7k500 series are some pretty sweet drives. Quieter than the other 7krpm laptop drives and a little faster too (last I checked)

This is another interesting option.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2260539

I'd love to have a SSD but $$$$$$
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Laptop Hard drive replacement?? - 09/27/10 03:34 PM
I don't know anything about that HP laptop and I'm too lazy to look it up.

However, I recently replaced a hard drive in an ancient Dell. It was easy, but - for my model - I had to make sure I got an IDE drive rather than the modern, common SATA interface. YMMV.
Posted By: jorge016 Re: Laptop Hard drive replacement?? - 09/30/10 12:54 PM
Thanks for the help-don't have time to research as I'm building a new shop on the farm. Knew you guys could help.
© Axiom Message Boards