Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Rush fans: Interview - 10/12/10 02:22 PM
CNN interview
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Rush fans: Interview - 10/12/10 02:39 PM
So, in other words, to be like Rush, don't rush.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Rush fans: Interview - 10/12/10 04:48 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

I didn't see the whole interview but when John Roberts said at the beginning "it has been a long time" to the band members, he wasn't kidding. For our American friends who weren't aware, John Roberts(aka J. D. Roberts) got his start in television in the late 70s/early 80s as a VJ on Canada's "MuchMusic" in Toronto(equiv. to MTV in the US). That is why he knows the band much more so than would have been realized by somebody who didn't know his background.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Rush fans: Interview - 10/12/10 09:40 PM
I think John Roberts was actually on "The New Music" on City TV out of T.O., co-hosted by Jeannie Becker(looked like Lilly Munster's ugly sister).
Posted By: jakewash Re: Rush fans: Interview - 10/13/10 12:14 AM
And it's Adrian for 500. The New Music was Much Music's predecessor and then became a 1/2(?) hour show on Much Music. T.N.M even predates MTV.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Rush fans: Interview - 10/13/10 01:15 AM
Come to think of it both of you guys are more than likely right about the time frames here. The New Music was on City TV early in the life of the station. Much Music came later and I am not sure if Roberts was ever on that station as well. The New Music was quite innovative and I believe you are right in that it even predates MTV.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Rush fans: Interview - 10/13/10 01:36 AM
Goes back to the late 70's, Roberts was host for several years.
© Axiom Message Boards