Axiom Home Page
Posted By: scgm Order arrived - 10/27/10 06:38 PM
My order arrived today (2xM60, 2xQS8, VP150) and the break-in process has begun -- my back will never be the same smile

I haven't hooked everything up yet, but here's hoping my ancient Onkyo HTR500 proves to be inadequate and needs immediate replacing. haha
Posted By: jakewash Re: Order arrived - 10/27/10 06:56 PM
Congrats, Sami I am sure the Onkyo will be upto the task, if not you then have a good excuse to buy a new one wink
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Order arrived - 10/27/10 08:08 PM
Enjoy. I have a nearly identical system (swap out the 150 for the 100 and substitute the HTR500 for a SR508) and love it. I am sure you'll have the same experience.

Make sure to post a few pics of your setup for us to ogle.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Order arrived - 10/27/10 10:49 PM
Keep in mind there is NO break in period, unless you are referring to your back.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Order arrived - 10/28/10 01:40 AM
Enjoy your new toys Sami. Are you using a subwoofer?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Order arrived - 10/28/10 01:56 AM
Sami, welcome. I suspect that soon you're going to have both good news and bad news. The good news will be that the Axioms sound great; the bad news will be that it means that your 500(100 watts/channel)is plenty for them if it's still in good operating condition. It's unlikely that you'd need a new receiver on the basis of power capabilities, but replacement to get more up-to-date features may be another matter. Enjoy.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Order arrived - 10/28/10 01:55 PM
Congratulations, Sami. Once you get things set up and do some critical listening, make sure to give us your impressions.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Order arrived - 10/28/10 02:04 PM
Originally Posted By: JohnK
the bad news will be that it means that your 500(100 watts/channel)is plenty for them if it's still in good operating condition.

Buzzkill. smile
Posted By: scgm Re: Order arrived - 10/29/10 11:22 PM
yeah, the break-in was my back. today was my toe smile

no, i didn't buy a subwoofer, no money (for now hehe )

My thinking on AV receivers is to buy the lowest cost model which has the inputs you need, it seems a new interface always comes out each month

Interestingly enough, Onkyo support's email read,"Honestly with these speakers when using this receiver will be under powered"

as for feedback, at my age and (poor) listening skills, let's say everything sounds amazing smile

had a flash back to elementary school for a sec, "sami! you have poor listening skills!" me: "huh?"
Posted By: JohnK Re: Order arrived - 10/30/10 01:50 AM
Yes, that email is interesting in that it appears to make no sense.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Order arrived - 10/30/10 02:28 AM
Instead of replacing the Onkyo, get a capable subwoofer. If you plan on watching a lot of movies with this 5.0 setup it will make a dramatic difference.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Order arrived - 10/30/10 02:36 AM
I second the idea of using the Onkyo as is and adding the sub now.
Posted By: scgm Re: Order arrived - 10/30/10 11:49 PM
I should add a "sub fund" donation link into my message signature smile
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Order arrived - 10/31/10 02:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Sami
I should add a "sub fund" donation link into my message signature smile

Maybe run a raffle? laugh

Seriously, take whatever money you were willing to spend on a new receiver and put it towards a sub. Whatever your stated budget is, I'm sure we can find you a good sub to go with your new system.
Posted By: fredk Re: Order arrived - 10/31/10 03:58 AM
Originally Posted By: JohnK
Yes, that email is interesting in that it appears to make no sense.

Makes perfect sense to me. Loosly translated it should read: "we want you to buy more of our stuff."
Posted By: scgm Re: Order arrived - 11/03/10 01:50 AM
That's what I figured too, onkyo would love for me to buy another receiver.

But the budget for 2010 is gone, below indicates the lengths i've gone to make my own FMS QS8:

[img:center]http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showpic&id=1067[/img]

2011: subwoofer smile

© Axiom Message Boards