Axiom Home Page
What do you have for the best external hard drive models in the $100-$150 price range. It will be used exclusively with a PC laptop computer.

Thanks for your help.
I forgot to mention, TB's of storage is not necessary but a bonus (not expecting it in this price range). Build quality, functionality and most importantly reliability is important.
I'm not Mr. Neon, but if I may, here's PCMAG.com's editors picks for external hard drives.

Hope that is some help, Dr.
Thank you wheelz. I will take a look at that.

Cheers.
BTW this is one store I am looking at.

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=1272&subminorcatid=334
NCIX is an excellent online store with very knowledgeable staff and excellent prices. I pretty much only purchase my computer components from them.

When you've decided what hard drives you want, I recommend that you shop around extensively to find the cheapest price. NCIX has a price match guarantee, and have honored it without any question, every time I've used it.

If you want, I'd gladly search around for you to look for the cheapest price on whatever hard drive you end up choosing. Finding the cheapest price does take more effort than most people know, and I'm pretty good at it smile.
Wow! Thanks wheelz.

I have purchased digital audio players and headphones from NCIX in the past that I could not find locally. I was quite impressed with their online service and timely deliver. However, I never took the time to price match products. Great advice! They seem to have a large selection of HDD's.

Cheers.
I buy from Memory Express here in Calgary and they have pretty reasonable shipping, free sometimes(right now) and the prices are pretty good too.
I picked up a nice Seagate Expansion 1TB drive at Target for around $75. It is USB, and doesn't come preloaded with crappy backup software like most do now. Just add-on external storage, just plug it in and your off to the races.
Check Gizmodo's deals of the day. There's always some deal on HDD's. Just saw on today for 2TB for $81. THAT'S a deal. One of the main reasons Giz is on my RSS feed.

http://gizmodo.com/5681608/gadget-deals-of-the-day?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gizmodo%2Ffull+%28Gizmodo%29
So many choices...1 TB is even way more than needed, however more storage is always a bonus. With that in mind, which models/brands are known for better overall reliability/build quality.

Thanks all!
It appears I'm superfluous.

At work we have several 500 GB, 2.5" Seagate USB drives. They all work very well, and were about $100 at Staples. They're from the FreeAgent Go line.
I have two WD My passport 500 gb drives that work great.
Techbargains is another good site.
© Axiom Message Boards