Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ya_basta Froyo 2.2 is released by Samsung - 12/09/10 08:30 PM
Just thought I'd mention that Froyo was just released by Samsung, and I upgraded the firmware on my Galaxy S moments ago.

I know there's others on the forum with the same phone, so thought I'd pass it along.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Froyo 2.2 is released by Samsung - 12/09/10 09:41 PM
I almost imported a Samsung Galaxy Tab from the UK, which shipped with Froyo. But I think I'm going to wait for a tablet running Honeycomb.

How do you like the new version? My Moto Backflip got a 2.1 (Éclair) upgrade about two months ago. Every version of Android is better than the last (while the last was already impressive).
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Froyo 2.2 is released by Samsung - 12/09/10 09:53 PM
Chris, I haven't had a chance to use the phone at all, as I'm not able to get up for some time. I'll check it out tonight if I get some time, but it'll probably have to wait until the weekend (someone else has to manipulate it). One thing that did happen which sucks, is it cleared the home screens that I had set up with different widgets. I've read a couple press releases commenting on it when it was released in Europe, and they said that there's no significant difference in performance. I've also read that Gingerbread is right around the corner.

As far as the Galaxy Tab goes, I read on some electronics review website that it's rumored that Samsung will be releasing a larger version of it in the not too distant future. I really want one also (although my finances don't allow for it), and if they do come out with a larger version, I'll probably find the money somehow, because that will be sweet.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Froyo 2.2 is released by Samsung - 12/09/10 09:59 PM
That's funny, because I want a smaller one. smile But yeah, this first tab was to test the water. They're looking at both larger and smaller versions for the next run.

I want the UK version because it can place phone calls (via speaker phone, or Bluetooth). Where as the US carriers version will be limited to data only.

If Samsung were to make a tablet with a 5.5" AMOLED display running Honeycomb, I'll be all over it.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Froyo 2.2 is released by Samsung - 12/09/10 10:20 PM
Dude, that's only 1.5" larger than the current Galaxy S, which is pretty darned sweet in its own right, I must say.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Froyo 2.2 is released by Samsung - 12/09/10 10:26 PM
I've played with a Galaxy S (Captivate), it's still a bit small for doing actual work. 1.5" is almost 40% larger. I just figure a 5.5" screen is about the biggest thing I could carry in my pocket, but it larger than what most people would consider a phone.
© Axiom Message Boards