Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Damien My Axiom Expierence - 01/04/11 04:14 PM
I was born with cerebral palsy, but it never held me back! I'm 39 and ever since I was 5 I always owned some kind of radio or boom box. When I was 17 I convinced my dad to help me by my first high end receiver. It was a Carver 6200 100 watt receiver. At the same time I started learning about computers.

Fast forward 22 years my wife and I live in a two bedroom apartment. I had a decent home theatre. I bought the Denon 3808 just before I met my wife. In the past year I realized I spent more time in my home office. My wife mainly watches TV,. so we bought a cheap home theatre in a box system which its not too bad for TV sound. I wanted to hear my music again. My original plan was to sell the denon and my speakers. I was going to put a high end sound card in my pc and buy a good pair of pc speakers. Well the speakers sold right away but there wasn't much interest in selling the denon. My wife suggested I find a way to use it in my office. I found Axiom about 2 years ago . I read everything I could about Axiom. I decided to buy the M2's because office is only 10 by 11 ft. The speakers came on 12/21 but I couldn't get to them until Christmas Day. The first thing I noticed was the entire speaker was sealed. I have never seen any other speaker built like this. My music tastes are classic rock, 80s hard rock, new country, and Christian rock. The first song I played was from the movie Backdraft, "The Show Goes On" by Bruce Hornsby. The piano sound so clear and the voice sounded live. I was looking and hoping to get this quality of sound. Some of the hard rock doesn't sound live but it does sound much fuller. I now understand the terms stereo stage and the wide sound image.

I love my M2's!
Posted By: grunt Re: My Axiom Expierence - 01/04/11 04:22 PM
I recently pick up a pair of M2s and have to say you’ve made an outstanding choice. While they lack bass they more than make up for it in clarity that is simply amazing.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: My Axiom Expierence - 01/04/11 04:26 PM
I'm glad you enjoy them. I know I sure like my Axiom speakers. Are you sure they are sealed? I don't have the M2's, but when I look at the pictures in the products pages, they have a port on the back side.

Edit: I guess they are the on-walls. They are sealed.
Posted By: Adrian Re: My Axiom Expierence - 01/04/11 05:15 PM
Congrats, Damien. Glad to hear you are enjoying your M2's. A good friend of mine has an adult son also with cerebral palsy, and absolutely loves spending hours on end listening to music, most specifically Roy Orbison.
Posted By: Damien Re: My Axiom Expierence - 01/04/11 05:28 PM
I kept my Boston Acoustics 12 inch sub which provides enough wall shaking bass. smile
Posted By: JohnK Re: My Axiom Expierence - 01/05/11 03:22 AM
Damien, great to hear how you're enjoying your Axioms. Yes, we're still wondering what you meant by "sealed", since the M2s have ports.
Posted By: Damien Re: My Axiom Expierence - 01/05/11 05:55 PM
I wasn't considering the ports. My bad. I was thinking about how on the back of most speakers you can tell where the enclosure comes together. I admit I'm an audio enthusiast not an audiophile smile
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: My Axiom Expierence - 01/05/11 06:16 PM
Ah yes, Axiom's seamless look is very nice.
© Axiom Message Boards