Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RickF R.I.P. Gerry Rafferty - 01/05/11 05:52 PM
Gerry Rafferty dead at 63

I don't know if anyone can find many who grew up in the 70's who didn't like this man's music, certainly one of the iconic musicians of that time period. I know his music sure taps into my Army days memory bank whenever I hear it, good stuff.

'Baker Street'

'Right Down The Line'

And with Stealers Wheel ... 'Stuck In The Middle With You'

Posted By: davidsch Re: R.I.P. Gerry Rafferty - 01/05/11 05:56 PM
I still enjoy Baker Street whenever I hear it. R.I.P.
Posted By: Adrian Re: R.I.P. Gerry Rafferty - 01/05/11 06:13 PM
I heard about his passing earlier this morning. He had some great tunes and a unique sound. RIP, Gerry.
Posted By: Wid Re: R.I.P. Gerry Rafferty - 01/05/11 06:18 PM

He had some great tunes, RIP Gerry.
Posted By: casey01 Re: R.I.P. Gerry Rafferty - 01/05/11 06:31 PM
Originally Posted By: RickF
Gerry Rafferty dead at 63

I don't know if anyone can find many who grew up in the 70's who didn't like this man's music, certainly one of the iconic musicians of that time period. I know his music sure taps into my Army days memory bank whenever I hear it, good stuff.

'Baker Street'

'Right Down The Line'

And with Stealers Wheel ... 'Stuck In The Middle With You'

As we have seen all too often, a significant number of these entertainers from the 60s and 70s and even before, tend to not live very long or die quite prematurely, in this case, early sixties for Rafferty. There have been others recently, as well, (names escape me for the moment).

"Burning the candle at both ends"(drugs and alcohol along with related premature health issues), and often sometimes abrupt end to careers and not preparing for the future is too much to handle for many of this group. They thought the fame and money was going to last forever.

Very sad.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: R.I.P. Gerry Rafferty - 01/05/11 07:10 PM
I love the Foo Fighters' version of "Baker Street".
Posted By: merchman Re: R.I.P. Gerry Rafferty - 01/05/11 10:52 PM
Lot's of great tunes.

R.I.P. Gerry.
Posted By: jakewash Re: R.I.P. Gerry Rafferty - 01/06/11 04:53 PM
R.I.P. Gerry, your music is your legacy.
© Axiom Message Boards