Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobKay Procrastinators Rejoice - 01/07/11 06:55 PM
I'm posting this for the sole purpose of making everyone feel better about themselves at my expense.

As soon as I get my ass up off this chair, I'm beginning my kitchen remodel.

Here's the "Whoa, I'm not THAT bad" part for you.

I have had the entire new kitchen in our basement for 8 years. And I do mean entire!

Double 30" conv. wall ovens, downdraft open grill cooktop, convention/microwave, dishwaher, disp., sink, faucet, ducting, lighting, flooring, Romex, countertops, and all 17 cabinet boxes precut, labelled and stacked. It's all still there, in it's warranteeless glory.

Like in the old days (17th/C), when I would buy a new fountain pen as an incentive to catch up on correspondence, I just bought Rockwell's version of the Fein MultiMaster to start removing the sheet flooring.

6 months of take-out, here we come. Wait! I have tomorrow off, too! Afterall, it's already 2 o'clock.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Procrastinators Rejoice - 01/07/11 07:04 PM
All that stuff is out of date and out of fashion now. You'll need to replace it.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Procrastinators Rejoice - 01/07/11 07:09 PM
Or wait another 10yrs when it's au riguer.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Procrastinators Rejoice - 01/07/11 07:29 PM
Whoa, I'm not THAT bad.

6 months? You using tweezers or something?

Thanks. I feel better.

Reminds me of my inlaws, though. There's a Viking cooktop and hood, and a Bosch dishwasher in boxes in their basement. From about 1996.

I like demolition. Wanna pay my expenses?
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Procrastinators Rejoice - 01/07/11 07:47 PM
I enjoy demolition so much, that I'll do it for free!

When I had my elevator relocated, the guys duct taped a pry bar to the front of my wheelchair. I ended up taking down almost the entire wall of drywall upstairs (the wall was only 3 feet tall) surrounding the elevator cab. I just drove forward, pushed the pry bar through the drywall, tilted my wheelchair back until the pry bar hooked onto the back of the drywall, then I'd drive backwards and pull a big piece off. I had a blast and it was pretty funny to see. A couple times I almost ended up downstairs via the hole in the floor because I got a little carried away smile.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Procrastinators Rejoice - 01/07/11 07:51 PM
At least Tom will verify that I don't have projects on my TTD (Things To Do) list for very long.

Do I, Tom?
Posted By: Adrian Re: Procrastinators Rejoice - 01/07/11 07:53 PM
Only problem was, it was the wrong wall, right Cam! laugh
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Procrastinators Rejoice - 01/07/11 08:07 PM
Adrian, if I had a couple pops into me, that would've be the case smile.

I did almost hit the contractors with errant pieces of drywall falling down the elevator shaft where they were working below.

It was all in good fun, and even if they would've gotten hit, they'd still be better off than me, so no worries as far as I'm concerned wink grin laugh .
Posted By: BobKay Re: Procrastinators Rejoice - 01/07/11 08:23 PM
Originally Posted By: kcarlile
All that stuff is out of date and out of fashion now. You'll need to replace it.

It wasn't in fashion when I bought it. Embrace style; eschew fashion. It'll still be new to me. And it's all paid for!

And you know, granite countertops are gonna be real funny when people start succumbing to their radon emissions.

Come to think of it, Ken, there IS a bigger cooktop available now that wasn't then. But I'd have to wait to install it until the warranty ran out.
© Axiom Message Boards