Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Separated at birth? - 07/15/03 06:31 AM
Call me crazy, but doesn't that picture of Ian on the main page look a bit like Gary Busey?

Posted By: ZeN Re: Separated at birth? - 07/15/03 09:09 AM
LOL - it sure does... Gary, is that you??

ZeN
Posted By: mwc Re: Separated at birth? - 07/15/03 12:16 PM
This board is full of celebrities! Yo Yo Ma is here under the moniker of Sushi. Just check out the photo on some of his posts.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Separated at birth? - 07/15/03 12:27 PM
who is the slam aimed at, ian or gary?
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Separated at birth? - 07/15/03 03:17 PM
Oh now that's funny.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Separated at birth? - 07/15/03 03:46 PM
Nah. Everybody knows Yo Yo Ma has a Yamaha system. Haven't you seen the ads? I mean, if Yamaha found out their spokesman was a traitor, I think his music career would be doomed!
Posted By: Amie Re: Separated at birth? - 07/15/03 04:30 PM
Don't you think Ian's about a million times handsomer than some movie star?

Sigh. It's hard being a newlywed!
Posted By: MIKEY Re: Separated at birth? - 07/15/03 04:44 PM
How much you suppose Gary pays to get his hair to look
like that ??
Come to think of it, I used to look like that every morning just before that 1st cup of coffee.. But that was back when I had hair !! hahahaha..
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Separated at birth? - 07/15/03 06:05 PM
mwc,

call me naive, but is Sushi really Yo Yo Ma?

you've tickeled my curiosity now!!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Separated at birth? - 07/15/03 08:28 PM
Ravi, I don't think that Yo Yo would betray his beloved cello by claiming to play the flute, which sushi plays.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Separated at birth? - 07/15/03 09:59 PM
True, unless he is trying to throw us off, which is entirely possible.

Have you not noticed that sushi, a normally prodigious poster, has conspicuously chosen to abstain from participating in this thread?

Coincidence? I think not.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Separated at birth? - 07/16/03 01:28 AM
Peter, his continued silence on this point(surely nothing would be more important at this time)leads me to believe that your suspicion may be well-founded. Certainly from the picture this is either the same person or an identical twin(Masashi Ma?). I think that Mike(mwc)could settle this by inviting sushi over again under the guise of another listening session and then handing him a flute and requesting say, the Debussy Syrinx.
Posted By: mwc Re: Separated at birth? - 07/16/03 02:36 AM
I can tell you that when he came over for the listening session he certianly knew his classical music and, out of the corner of my eye, I thought I caught him playing "air" cello a few times. But I could be mistaken?
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Separated at birth? - 07/16/03 02:45 AM
The wife and I have made a bet on how he responds to these accusations. I hope I win...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Separated at birth? - 07/16/03 07:13 AM
I much prefer "The Temples of Syrinx" movement from 2112, by Rush (who happen to be another fine Canadian product)
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Separated at birth? - 07/17/03 07:56 AM
Do we have any other celebrity look alikes among us?
Posted By: sushi Re: Separated at birth? - 07/17/03 04:28 PM
Can't believe anything going on here anymore... How dare you say these guys are even distantly look alike each other?

Posted By: chesseroo Re: Separated at birth? - 07/17/03 05:12 PM
I think sushi is the crazy man in the lower left.
That's my guess.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Separated at birth? - 07/17/03 06:26 PM
I disagree. I think he's the one on the right in both rows. Or, perhaps HE'S ALL FOUR OF THEM.
Posted By: mwc Re: Separated at birth? - 07/17/03 07:34 PM
Hey YO, er', I mean Sushi,
The next time we get together for a listening session, would you mind bringing your cello?
Posted By: BigWill Re: Separated at birth? - 07/17/03 08:22 PM
It is less true now than it was a few years ago, but apparently I am the spitting image of the "Big Boss Man" of WWF fame. I have literally signed dozens of autographs for kids.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Separated at birth? - 07/17/03 11:09 PM
Masa, I thought that you would also try to rely on the technicality that Yo-Yo's parents are both Chinese.
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Separated at birth? - 07/18/03 01:53 AM
F.Y.I...I won!!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Separated at birth? - 07/18/03 02:26 AM
What exactly was the bet?
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Separated at birth? - 07/18/03 02:44 AM
The exact bet, or what did I win?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Separated at birth? - 07/18/03 03:16 AM
Both.
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Separated at birth? - 07/18/03 03:36 PM
I bet my wife that Sushi's first response to this thread would include pics and she thought it would be simple denial on his part. I won, therefore I get to purchase a pair of M22's. She wanted some boring scrapbooking drivel if she won. Thank you Sushi...(also...before you ask, the answer is NO...you aren't receiving a cut of the winnings!!)
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Separated at birth? - 07/18/03 03:40 PM
Good bet!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Separated at birth? - 07/18/03 08:31 PM
I'm gonna have to remember that one. ;-) Actually, my wife is fine with me purchasing my planned speaker setup--after I pay off my receiver and new computer.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Separated at birth? - 07/18/03 11:12 PM
whats up kcarlile. i read youre bio and didnt see any axioms listed,what speaker setup do you have planned-axiom?-,and have you ever heard them?....ron
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Separated at birth? - 07/18/03 11:22 PM
He's heard my M22s on a number of occasions. I now hand him a bib whenever he comes over.

To catch the drool, of course.
Posted By: sushi Re: Separated at birth? - 07/19/03 05:25 AM
Jim,

How can you read my mind so accurately? Not once but TWICE!!!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Separated at birth? - 07/19/03 05:40 AM
Thbbbt!

Yes, I plan to get Axioms as soon as I can rationalize it, and after I pay off this lovely space heater (PowerMac G4) underneath my desk. My plan is to get a pair of M22s for mains, a pair of QS8s for surrounds, and a pair of M2s for the center. I probably won't get all of them at anywhere near the same time. It's easier for me to buy in small chunks.
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Separated at birth? - 07/19/03 10:21 AM
I'd have to kill you if I told you...
© Axiom Message Boards