Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bridgman Quote without comment - 02/10/11 02:56 AM
"Canada’s spy service, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, refused to say what it spent on alcohol, citing national security."

link
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Quote without comment - 02/10/11 03:26 AM
The egregious spending isn't surprising to me, they're people in power. But CSIS is such a joke (like every "intelligence" agency) that they probably jumped on the chance to say NATIONAL SECURITY.

If this was Egypt, it would incite a revolution, but we have reality shows.....and government is good, right?

Ohhhh cynicism from a nutty leftist.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Quote without comment - 02/10/11 04:39 AM
$620,000 bill on booze? we should just send 'em a keg of Murph's Moonshine, it'll be just as strong.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Quote without comment - 02/10/11 06:17 AM
Obviously I don't know the specifics, but if you break it down by 4 years, that takes it to $155K/year, say for 1000 people, that's only $155 per person per year. If all 1000 of those people travel, say, and have a glass of wine with dinner every night or so, at $8/glass, that's.... 20 drinks at dinner per person per year.

Still extravagant, but not as stunningly so.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Quote without comment - 02/10/11 12:36 PM
I don't think tax payers should be paying for their indulgences, full stop.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Quote without comment - 02/10/11 02:19 PM
Originally Posted By: wheelz999
If this was Egypt, it would incite a revolution, but we have reality shows.....and government is good, right?

There's a narrow range of weather where you actually get protesters in Canada -- that brief period between the snow and the black flies. The rest of the time... yeah, government is OK and there *is* that new show on tonight... wink
Posted By: Adrian Re: Quote without comment - 02/10/11 02:24 PM
If I were working for the gov't, youz tax payers would be payin' for an Epic800 system.....you know, entertainment expenses and all that. True what Ken said, it's really nothing when you do the math, there's far worse things people in gov't or working for the gov't get away with.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Quote without comment - 02/10/11 03:44 PM
The more perks you take away from workers (even the evil, evil government workers), the worse/less workers you will have. The more dissatisfied your workers will be, the less productivity you will have.

That's a nutty leftist statement for you.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Quote without comment - 02/10/11 03:51 PM
Originally Posted By: kcarlile

That's a nutty leftist statement for you.
laugh
Posted By: grunt Re: Quote without comment - 02/11/11 01:15 AM
Originally Posted By: bridgman

The rest of the time... yeah, government is OK and there *is* that new show on tonight... wink

panem et circenses?
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Quote without comment - 02/11/11 01:45 AM
Originally Posted By: grunt
Originally Posted By: bridgman

The rest of the time... yeah, government is OK and there *is* that new show on tonight... wink

panem et circenses?

Good one, as usual, Dean.
Posted By: grunt Re: Quote without comment - 02/11/11 05:43 AM
gratiae cam

Quid quid latin dictum sit altum sonatur
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Quote without comment - 02/11/11 03:05 PM
Originally Posted By: grunt
Quid quid latin dictum sit altum sonatur

HA! Very true!

I wish I new more Latin. Instead, it's limited to just a few statements.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Quote without comment - 02/11/11 04:12 PM
Semper ubi sub ubi.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Quote without comment - 02/11/11 04:19 PM
My mommy told me to always pack extra sub ubis in the glove box in case I got in an accident and crapped myself.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Quote without comment - 02/11/11 04:25 PM
'Zactly!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Quote without comment - 02/11/11 05:35 PM
laugh
© Axiom Message Boards