Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobKay Being there - 02/17/11 01:50 AM
http://www.ledzeppelin.com/image/photos-home/led-zeppelin/1968-1969/framingham-mass-8-21-69-0

We'll see if it works.

A friend sent this to me today, after seeing Robert Plant the other night. I was 14 when I was at this show. Four if us left stunned and didn't speak at all on the 20 mile drive home. Best part about closing in on MY 60's? Being there for THE 60's!

I was about the same distance from the stage, but further left, toward center. We always joked to the one sent to buy all of our tickets, that if the seats weren't "spitters" (close enough for the singer(s) to get slober on your pants), we weren't interested.

Incongruous opening act: Orpheus (WTF?)

Yes, kids, that's what R & R looked like in the 60's. No mikes for the amps or drums, ya just had ta kill. Oh--a 400 seat venue.

It was Plant's 20th (19th, maybe?) birthday, so Jimmy made us all sing!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Being there - 02/17/11 01:54 AM
It worked! It's like magic or something.

Next lesson--photos (Oh, God, Oh, God). Then no one will be able to save you.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Being there - 02/17/11 01:57 AM
kinda worked, actually the ending tag you need to do a [/url ] the slash stands for end-tag. like this

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/image/photos-home/led-zeppelin/1968-1969/framingham-mass-8-21-69-0

or you can add a statement like

BobKay likes this link
Posted By: BobKay Re: Being there - 02/17/11 02:01 AM
Thanks, Sir Randy. Not to worry, anyone. It'll take me 6 months to learn to upload a photo.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Being there - 02/17/11 12:14 PM
Easy to do Bob. The photo needs to be hosted somewhere on the interenet so it can acquire a url. Many of us use the free Photbucket.com, but there are other, equally good free sites (recommendations, guys?).

You upload your photo to the site, copy the url it is given and then, basically follow the same procedure you followed to do the link.

Instead of the [url] tags, you use image [img] [/img] tags. The code means "start image, adding the slash means "end image." Remember, no spaces anywhere in the entire chain.

So, if you post [IMG ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Rijax/Raspberrysmall.jpg[ /IMG], without the spaces I have in the tags, you get...,

If you find a photo on the internet you wish to post, right click it, click on "properties," and in the Properties window which appears, copy the "Address" url. Remember, the url must be to an image file which means the least thing in the url must be .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, etc, as in the url for my photo. Paste that url into your post with image tags around it and the phot will appear in your post.

If you'll click on the link just above the photo, you'be taken to the photo on the web. follow the procedure above and you'll see what I'm talking about.

OH! VERY COOL Axiom!

Another way to post a photo is to, in the box where you create the post, click on the "Enter an Image" icon You will have four choices as to how your photo will be displayed.

"Insert a non-floating image" which will give you exactly what I have above...

"Insert a left floating image" which will place the photo to the left of of the post and allow the text to wrap around it...

"Insert a right floating image" puts the photo on the right side of the post with the text wrapping feature

And, "Insert a center-floating image does just what you would expect to do if you have enough text to get all the way to the end of a line and beyond I know, In know! You guys have probably been long aware of this. I'm so old school that I post photos the way I outlined above. I never push them there buttons at the top of the posting form. DOH!
Posted By: Argon Re: Being there - 02/17/11 12:23 PM
I have always heard if you can remember it, you weren't there?
Posted By: BobKay Re: Being there - 02/17/11 04:39 PM
Are you over 50? You sure you're remembering that correctly?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Being there - 02/17/11 04:41 PM
That's cool, Jack. I actually am usually too lazy to use the "full Reply screen" so that whole floating image thing was new to me. Perhaps I will try it someday.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Being there - 02/17/11 04:43 PM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
That's cool, Jack.

For sure! And thanks for taking the time to do a photo/text layout. Wanna borrow my rubber cement?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Being there - 02/17/11 06:40 PM
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Wanna borrow my rubber cement?
For the photo layout or for my face?
Posted By: BobKay Re: Being there - 02/17/11 10:23 PM
Neither. Now that it's primary use has faded, I think it's only for huffing.
© Axiom Message Boards