Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Wiggins Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/18/11 06:15 AM
Just wondering where I can find pictures of what the raw drivers look like for Axiom's speakers.... Curious what they look like compared to other brands I have seen.

Thanks.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/18/11 01:19 PM
You could call Axiom, but I'm not sure that would be available.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/18/11 02:37 PM
He has everything he needs (well maybe an allen wrench) to see what every driver (except the 6.5") that Axiom makes looks like. Up close and personal.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/18/11 03:38 PM
true true, do you know what Iocane Powder is, lol
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/18/11 03:44 PM
Yes. I've placed it in both of our drinks.
Posted By: alan Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/18/11 03:54 PM
Hi Wiggins,

We don't have pictures of our raw Axiom drivers. Except for some of the large subwoofer drivers (which are built at the Axiom plant in Ontario), the rest of our drivers are built at our plant in Shanghai (Axiom China).

All the woofers and midrange drivers are aluminum-coned. Axiom was among the earliest of North American speaker companies to successfully develop and use aluminum-cone drivers, beginning back in the 1980s with aluminum-cone sub drivers.

Regards,
Alan
Posted By: solarrdadd Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/18/11 04:13 PM
are you willing to take a chance and damage the driver to see what it looks like, what if you drop it or something? Surely at the risk of damage and you just know axiom won't cover that in any warranty why take the chance.

I'm not saying your gonna take the driver out either but, it's been mentioned as a thing to do in this thread of course I do not recommend doing it. If you can't find a picture of it then it may just have to be something you place in the "wonder or hmmm" section of your imagination.

I do hope you are able to find a picture and not try to take the driver out for nothing other than to look at it.

of course that's just me and what i would (or wouldn't)do....
Posted By: Wiggins Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/18/11 06:41 PM
I don't have the speakers yet and wouldn't take it apart which is why I asked if there was a picture anywhere. One is being shipped and I am awaiting the M80's as well. It is just a curiosity to see what it looks like. I remember reading a review or something 3-4 years ago and the guy took the drivers out to show the internal of a M60 cabinet but I have no recollection of what the driver looked like in the picture and I've been trying to find it with no luck until today.

Here is the link:

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speak...s-build-quality
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/18/11 07:22 PM
There is also an article on some Axiom drivers that includes pics of them being put through a torture test (power handling).

http://www.audioholics.com/education/lou...he-test-results
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/18/11 08:04 PM
I had been searching for that power handling torture test article since last night when the OP posted the question, it was the first thing that popped into my mind. I thought that it might have a good pic of an Axiom speaker, not to mention proof Axiom makes one sturdy driver.
Posted By: Wiggins Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/20/11 01:54 AM
Another website I found more pictures on and some more information about the original 80ti's from Skiing Ninja.

http://www.ninjasreview.com/forum/showth...-for-all-of-you

Curious if the newer M80's have improved bracing and more/less polyfill inside?

Interesting what the site came up with their measurements as well and other peoples reactions.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/20/11 01:59 AM
You don't want to know the people's reactions to the Skiining Ninja.
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/20/11 02:09 AM
Yeah, but he's about to find out.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/20/11 02:16 AM
I would like an answer regarding the amount of polyfill in Axiom's sealed speakers (VP and QS). I know adding more will alter the frequency response, but I'd think only for the better (polyfill absorbs the energy from the rear of the drivers converting it to heat, and making the cabinet seem larger, and could allow for a slower roll-off on the low end).

On ported cabinets more wouldn't have much effect.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/20/11 03:37 AM
Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
On ported cabinets more wouldn't have much effect.
Why is it so many don't understand that?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/20/11 03:38 AM
Man, I was hoping never to hear that name again. Where is Bbiggwyress when you need him.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/20/11 04:03 AM
Maybe he got his signals ummm, crossed over.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Axiom Speaker Drivers - 02/20/11 04:22 AM
Did he get mad and then do a hit on the Axioms for revenge?
© Axiom Message Boards