Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobKay Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/20/11 04:52 PM
3/23/11; 12:01 a.m. (real time) will be zero-launch hour. Be there.

I've been inspired, as well, by Lampy's name change.

I'm considering a few to accompany my launch:

BKayrayzee
BeazelBob
Honey Badger
B-hole
Kringe
BK Broiler
Ben Krapton
Bob Ingkorps
BoHo
Sunshine
Posted By: CV Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/20/11 05:00 PM
I did just watch Sunshine again last night, but I think someone needs to take up Honey Badger.
Posted By: fredk Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/20/11 06:37 PM
Quote:
BK Broiler

Isn`t he Foghorn Leghorn`s cousin. You know, the one that didn`t get away.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/20/11 08:28 PM
Honey badger is so perfect.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/21/11 01:51 AM
yet, Ben Krapton is sublime.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/21/11 02:54 PM
37 hours and 7 minutes left to go.

Still deliberating:

Bumptious Bob
BobbyKayks
Bob 'A' (the 'K' is silent)
Bob Knaysayer ( " " " " )
K-hole
BobKJohnson

tic, tic tic, tic....
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/21/11 03:04 PM
How about Rockin'n'areelinBob?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/21/11 04:02 PM
Why not just change your avatar instead? It's what most of do when we get the urge to mix it up or freshen the online appearance. ((fond memories of Muppet month))
Posted By: BobKay Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/21/11 04:10 PM
I think it has to be Bandit Watson as long as he's on the planet. If Bill sneaks up behind me to see if I'm frittering away my time here, the second he notices Bandit's face he always goes, "Awwww...," and then he forgets to glare at me.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/21/11 04:25 PM
Interesting experiment: You could just tape a one inch square photo of Bandit onto your computer screen, and see if Bill notices the difference ...
Posted By: medic8r Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/21/11 04:26 PM
If you do change it, I vote for BobHolio. Beavis and Butthead Forever!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/21/11 04:28 PM
Then "I'll need t.p. for my K-holio."
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/22/11 04:09 AM
Well, now you got a new name AND a sig line right thar.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/22/11 02:41 PM
13 hours and 20 minutes left to go................
Posted By: medic8r Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/22/11 04:38 PM
I'm gonna miss you, BobKay.

I fear that whatever your new name is will just make me long for plain ol' "BobKay".

You know, if the suspicions that Tom and I have are correct and you find that you are really bbigwyres due to some sort of interesting psychiatric pathology - no offense, and, having met you, I'm sure none is taken - then you will have all kinds of interesting options for your new name.

I suggest bbobkay.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/22/11 10:24 PM
I am leaning towards Bob Krap-hole crazy
Posted By: BobKay Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/23/11 04:03 AM

Happy 10th Anniversary, Axiom Boards.

My late,"funny Uncle," Carmino, bought proto-Axioms in 1966. Here he is in 1975 with his "prizes." They were already 9 years old then. All these years and they've never been apart--not even for one night. Gosh! Guess that's why he always kept them in the same cabinet.

Note the dazzling French Provincial (satin) finish with up-to-the-minute Mediterranean styling----- and that grille cloth choice---- in tweed. That WAS a long time ago. Back then, only the best speaker mfgr's. could afford to offer turned spindles as a grille option. Wowee!

I guess, since "French Provincial" never really existed as a "style" in France, and they were made in Canada even back then, that makes them, something like fake, fake, faux French Provincial/Mediterranean, right?

Or am I counting the words "fake" and "French" too many times? Sorry, I almost never could tell them apart. It's probably in kilometers anyway.

It's nice to see that their logo hasn't changed in decades, though ours have been held on with 3m tape since 1978.

See, even in 1966, they were soundstage savvy.
Check out the angled speaker placement on the cabinet. Their breadth still amazes, as long as the "loudness" knob is turned way up to drown out the turntable.

Herb Alpert was soooo hot! Those shiny black boots with pointy toes and Cuban heels (known locally as PRFC's--Puerto Rican Fence Climbers), the crushed velvet tuxedoes, cufflinks flying everywhere. Sighhhhhh! He could blow-sync really well on TV, so he could play trumpet AND smile at the camera, simultaneously. Astounding.

Axiom's on their 10th here (Again, Happy Tenner, Axiomoes), I'm on my first.

1st anniversary is paper, virtual or otherwise.

Remember that when you see today's "launch."

Aw, c'mon, poohsies. It's not like I'm gonna turn your wives into cardboard cut-outs while you sleep.

Those things take time. And cost lots of money. And I'm booked 'til 12/21/12.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/23/11 04:19 AM
That's a heck of a subwoofer he's got next to it.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/23/11 04:21 AM
And a nice Astro turf carpet.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/23/11 04:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Lampaxiom
That's a heck of a subwoofer he's got next to it.

They were so amazing, they didn't need one. Look how big that cabinet is! That thing on the left with the LP jackets covering the top is a space heater.

Uncle Carmino would never have had astro turf. You don't know hand-applied Italian Rococo flocking when you see it.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/23/11 04:39 AM
Nope. Remember, I have a kitchen chair in my bedroom. I think Rococo is a time period but I have no idea what flocking is.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/23/11 04:47 AM
Flocking is that over-the-top form of decoration where one paints with glue the areas to be flocked which are then sprinkled with colored, shredded felt.

A common wallpaper motif in tasteless pastiches found in Italian-American (and Greek Amer and Middle Eastern, and Indian, and...) homes of new wealth.
Posted By: fredk Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/23/11 09:02 AM
And if you don't like it, how do you get the flock off?
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/24/11 01:59 AM
Yikes!
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/24/11 02:00 AM
Happy day! (you mean son of a bitch! ) smile
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/24/11 04:21 AM
I don't get it.

When it's not Klaws' birthday, he gets 3 pages of well wishes. Even after he points out it is not his birthday.

When it is a special day for him he gets nothing. frown
Posted By: Adrian Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/24/11 12:56 PM
Retribution's a bee-yatch!! laugh
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/24/11 03:56 PM
We all figured out that he's an attention whore! smile

Awwwww, Bob (Klaws) you know we love 'ya! grin
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Bob's Axianniversary Count Down.... - 03/24/11 04:07 PM
Bob will have to play Santa Klaws every year now.

Sounds like an SNL skit: "Santa Klaws the Attention Whore".
© Axiom Message Boards