Axiom Home Page
Posted By: danr AS5 stand question - 07/21/03 06:07 PM
I'm in need of a good rack for my components and I have a question about the AS5. Here is my situation. I currently have my components and TV mounted on top of a pair of cheap TV stand from IKEA but I'm planning of getting a pair of Outlaw M200's soon and will need more ventilation than this cheapo stand will provide. The AS5 has a total of 5 shelves including the top but I only need 4 shelves. Is it possible to eliminate one during assembly?

I would like to mount the M200's on the bottom, the receiver on the middle shelf, my DVD player & vcr on the third shelf, and the TV on the top. With all five shelves it is way too high as well. The two shands I have right now are 31" tall stacked together. I estimate the AS5 at about 28-29" tall with only four shelves. Is this about right? Thanks for the input.

Daniel
Posted By: Amie Re: AS5 stand question - 07/22/03 01:22 PM
Hi Dan;

The dimensions of the AS5 are all listed here: AS5

To eliminate one during assembly, you would need to pick up new threaded rods at the hardware store - but it shouldn't be a problem. Ian and I had mocked ours up with new rods to make it 7 shelves, and it worked out just fine. Although he *is* rather good with things like that . . .
© Axiom Message Boards