Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Murph Just back from a week in Calgary - 04/18/11 01:02 PM
Just got back from a National United Way Conferenece in Calgary, Alberta. An Excellent conference this year. As always, thanks to very generous corperate sponsorships, the entire thing is done without having to use any donor dollars but it's always a top notch event.

So why do you care what I did last week? You probably don't but I did coincidentally meet a guy at the conference with Axioms. His name was Mark. He was from Vancouver and he was energetically praising M22s and QS8s as being part of the best entertainment room he has ever built. I listened for a while and then figured I'd join in by saying Hi and mentioning that I actually got to tour the Axiom factory last year.

We had a great conversation. He builds HT rooms for his friends as a hobby (and for pocket cash). He lets the owners purchase thier own gear or if they ask him to order, he does so at zero markup, which I thought was kind of cool. He says he just loves doing it so he charges a modest labor price to prewire, setup and calibrate gear. He is retired and says he is 'quiet comfortable' so he is not trying to make a living from it.

Anyways, cool guy. I told him to come join the forums. Hopefully, he will.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Just back from a week in Calgary - 04/18/11 01:05 PM
That's pretty cool, Andrew! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Just back from a week in Calgary - 04/18/11 01:19 PM
Andrew, check your pm's for a great deal on a saw.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Just back from a week in Calgary - 04/19/11 01:14 AM
Oh Sure, you come here and don`t even say hi frown
Posted By: Murph Re: Just back from a week in Calgary - 04/19/11 11:55 AM
Crap Dude! You are justified in you accusation. Before I left, I tried to think of who I might know in Calgary. I even thought of this forum but totally forgot you were there.

I know, I should have done a search. We Canadians are the minority on this board so you should have stood out and for this I apologize.

Normally, on conference type trips you have so little time to yourself but due to a flight change, I had Friday to play around.

Once again, I apologize.
Posted By: onn Re: Just back from a week in Calgary - 04/20/11 12:22 AM
and you could have made a short trip north as well! mad
Posted By: bdpf Re: Just back from a week in Calgary - 04/20/11 12:27 AM
And Toronto is on your way to Calgary shocked
Posted By: jakewash Re: Just back from a week in Calgary - 04/22/11 03:54 AM
I think we have his next trip planned out for him.
© Axiom Message Boards