Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 12:58 AM
What would be your dream home theater setup?
Posted By: J. B. Re: Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 01:31 AM
Mine is almost finished, the only piece of equipment i still have to buy is the pre/pro, in a few months when i got the $.

it will replace the Yamaha SR-50 Dolby Surround that i bought around 1985 and is today very marginal in what it can do.

let's hope you will also list your dream H/T setup.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 01:33 AM
Mine would be to have anything remotely like any of the dedicated HT's you see pictures of on here.
Posted By: J. B. Re: Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 01:39 AM
it will have taken me 3.5 years to renew my whole a/v system;
if you have patience, you'll eventually get it without it hurting.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 01:40 AM
What Jake said.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 01:52 AM
I'm with Jake also. While I could dream about some of the incredibly massive and luxurious home theaters like the ones on ElectronicHouse.com or others- I don't think they would fit my style. Something simpler, maybe like SRoode's, Randy's, etc. would be my choice.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 03:24 AM
I have lucid dreams listening to the Revel Ultima2. Funny enough there are no subwoofers present but a dream setup would incorporate at least 4 of them.
Posted By: bdpf Re: Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 03:26 AM
+1 to what Jason said.
Posted By: bdpf Re: Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 03:42 AM
Actually, since we're dreaming here, I'll take a 11.4 system please:
3 x M80s across the front
QS8s for sides, back and heights
M22s for wide
1 EP800 on each corner
all in a dedicated theater room and a separate amp for the M80s
Must as well dream BIG laugh
Posted By: CV Re: Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 04:15 AM
Bruno, that's the dream I'm trying to get to at some point, only I'm not committed to that specific subwoofer positioning, and I'm still back and forth on 2xVP180 or a single M80 as the center. I just need to get my amplifier stuff sorted and wait for a pre-pro that does everything I want.

I also want a projector that uses a laser instead of a lamp, but I think I'll be waiting a while for a decent one I can afford.

I also want my seating on a platform with at least one more ButtKicker.... Seating for at least 7 people is in the plan. I might also get a couple of those gaming chairs to put in front for when I have even more people over.

My basement should work out all right for my system. The main problem with it is the low ceilings. I'd love to have it in a room where I have more height to play with.
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 03:19 PM
Originally Posted By: J. Bellemare
Mine is almost finished, the only piece of equipment i still have to buy is the pre/pro, in a few months when i got the $.

it will replace the Yamaha SR-50 Dolby Surround that i bought around 1985 and is today very marginal in what it can do.

let's hope you will also list your dream H/T setup.

LOL sorry I didn´t post mine. Taking in consideration that my knowledge on HT is pretty narrow. I will have to steal someone else´s dream. smile
Posted By: SRoode Re: Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 08:55 PM
I'm pretty happy with what I have. I don't think I would change much if I had unlimited funds. Maybe softer power recliners, but that's it.
Posted By: SRoode Re: Dream home theater... - 05/05/11 08:59 PM
Originally Posted By: terzaghi
I'm with Jake also. While I could dream about some of the incredibly massive and luxurious home theaters like the ones on ElectronicHouse.com or others- I don't think they would fit my style. Something simpler, maybe like SRoode's, Randy's, etc. would be my choice.

Just read through the whole thread. Thanks Dave!
Posted By: mpyw Re: Dream home theater... - 05/06/11 09:01 AM
I have my dream HT room now but not the dream equipments yet.
Things still need to change

projector
AVR capable of full 11.2 amplifications
a better center speaker
one more sub-woofer
change the electric screen to fixed screen
replace the surround speakers
add front height & wide speakers

all this got to wait, just got the house, wallet empty now
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Dream home theater... - 05/07/11 03:29 AM
Yeah, your theater is really Nice Steve!
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 02:36 AM
Something like this would be cool IMO.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 02:38 AM
Link? photo?
Posted By: CV Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 02:43 AM
I feel like I've seen that photo before, but I don't remember where. Only a little overwhelming. Ha ha.
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 02:44 AM
Sorry I was having a hard time getting the photo on the post. LOL
Some info on the setup.

Talk about a setup. This Cinema Beta home theater design by Jeremy Kipnis includes an 18-foot Stewart Snomatte projection screen and a Sony SRX-S110 digital 4096-by-2160 ultra-high-resolution projector. Kipnis created a custom 8.8-channel audio system that uses sixteen 18-inch subwoofers, ten super tweeters, three center channel speakers, eight THX tower speakers, and 35 amplifiers. The room is also tricked out with a Blu-ray player, a laserdisc player, and a PlayStation 3.

The entire setup is housed in a 26.5-by-33-foot room with a vaulted ceiling that reaches 16 feet at its highest point. For just $6 million.
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 02:46 AM
Well as said on the post it is a dream home theater and I do believe that we should all have big dreams in order to to achieve great things in life. Just my opinion though. smile
Posted By: CV Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 03:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki
The room is also tricked out with a Blu-ray player, a laserdisc player, and a PlayStation 3.

This line is hilarious. Tricked out with those? What percentage of the value of the system do they represent? Not much, and it would be weird not to have any sources. Ha ha.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 03:58 AM
Sources are where imperfections enter the system.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 11:50 AM
Originally Posted By: CV
This line is hilarious.

I thought that was funny, too.... but then realized the text is probably several years old and BD players might have been cutting edge at the moment.

Naaaah, it's STILL funny! smile
Posted By: bdpf Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 04:12 PM
You have $6 million worth of equipment and put a glass table in between you and the speakers confused
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 04:53 PM
Seriously, would this even SOUND good? Alan?
Posted By: RickF Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 08:49 PM
I think that HT's photo has been floating around for several years ... just a wee little overboard for my particular taste.

I've always had a fondness for most of the basement HT's, most often those areas really seems to accommodate HT's perfectly and I've seen some really nice basement setups ... including those here.

Lucky rat eff'n bas$#@%* who own 'em I am very envious and at the same time happy for you basement owners!

smile

Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 09:42 PM
You should just dig a basement. Then you could have a pool in your HT. laugh
Posted By: RickF Re: Dream home theater... - 05/09/11 11:30 PM
Kinda like this one Chris...

"Please sump pump, don't fail me now!" laugh

© Axiom Message Boards