Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobKay What?!? No "Happy Cinco de Mayo?!?" - 05/05/11 07:54 PM
And I'm the one who's never consumed alcohol!

I'll betcha a DNA-verified pair o' Janet Napolitano's boxers that Sean and Dean aren't allowed to ignore it.

Even if it isn't Mexican Independence Day, it's a great excuse to have nachos and get all wasted and squirrelly.

xxoo,
from the Cote d'Azur,
Vincente Fox
Posted By: sonicfox Re: What?!? No "Happy Cinco de Mayo?!?" - 05/05/11 08:49 PM
I never celebrated Cinco de Mayo...maybe because it wasn't popular during my party days in the 80's and 90's. Believe me...if it had been, I'm sure I would have taken the opportunity to go out and get wasted. Then again, I don't recall partying on St. Patrick's Day either. Maybe I wasn't the party animal I thought I was! Nowadays, it takes a lot to get me to go out during the week. I've learned by experience, it's not worth working with a hangover the next day. Getting older doesn't help either! HAHA!
Posted By: medic8r Re: What?!? No "Happy Cinco de Mayo?!?" - 05/05/11 09:13 PM
Tequila = ta kill ya.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: What?!? No "Happy Cinco de Mayo?!?" - 05/05/11 11:53 PM
Originally Posted By: SaintBob
And I'm the one who's never consumed alcohol!

I'll betcha a DNA-verified pair o' Janet Napolitano's boxers that Sean and Dean aren't allowed to ignore it.

Even if it isn't Mexican Independence Day, it's a great excuse to have nachos and get all wasted and squirrelly.

xxoo,
from the Cote d'Azur,
Vincente Fox

*pictures Janet Napolitano in a sombrero. . . and nothing else*

Yeah, definitely drinking now.

THANKS, Bob.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: What?!? No "Happy Cinco de Mayo?!?" - 05/06/11 12:17 AM
Well, I don't know that I'll "party", but I'm certainly going to use today as an excuse to enjoy a beverage while celebrating the French defeat at The Battle of Puebla.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: What?!? No "Happy Cinco de Mayo?!?" - 05/06/11 05:25 AM
As you mentioned, Cinco de Mayo isn't even a national holiday in Mexico, yet it is party time here in the US for sure. Heck we even had a party at work (and another one after work) today.

For those that wonder, it is the date in which the Mexican army defeated the much more powerful French army in one of the early battles of their own war for independence. For the record, the Mexican Independence day is actually September 16th.
Posted By: davidsch Re: What?!? No "Happy Cinco de Mayo?!?" - 05/06/11 04:53 PM
I went out to eat last night at a Mexican restaurant with my family and the place was packed. The celebrations were well attended in Houston, TX.
Posted By: CV Re: What?!? No "Happy Cinco de Mayo?!?" - 05/07/11 06:34 AM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
For the record, the Mexican Independence day is actually September 16th.

But that's when Star Wars comes out on Blu-ray.
© Axiom Message Boards