Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fhw Best way to sell old speakers - 07/24/03 12:54 AM
I'm trying to sell some of the speakers I've amassed during my recurrent attacks of ugraditis...selling, of course, to fund the next upgrades. My case of upgraditis is getting pretty severe, as I'm now looking at upgrading ostensibly for new finishes (piano black, baby!)

I wonder if anybody's used Canuckaudiomart or audioeden. Audiogon is an option, but I'm looking to sell in Canada, if not in the maritimes to save on shipping.

Any experiences with these web sites? Do they work?

BTW, if anybody's interested, I have (in perfect working condition, although blemished):

VP50, VP150 (not SE), AX500a sub, QS4 black
M40 light maple

Posted By: duong Re: Best way to sell old speakers - 07/24/03 03:38 PM
flh,

I am interested in your M40? What condition are they in and what price are you selling it for Usd?

Posted By: fhw Re: Best way to sell old speakers - 07/25/03 12:16 AM
Duong,

I sent you a PM.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Best way to sell old speakers - 08/07/03 11:10 PM
Audiogon is the best way to go. Shipping is on the buyers shoulders, so it shouldn't concern you too much. Besides, there are LOTS of Canadian buyers who frequent audiogon.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Best way to sell old speakers - 08/09/03 06:30 AM
Spiff is 1000% correct. You can sell snake oil in Audiogon. There are people who would buy it like me. Joking aside, it is a great place to offload and sell stuff. As with audio and video stuff the depreciation value can be high unless it is a less frequent item people look for.

© Axiom Message Boards