Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CatBrat Free TV - 05/17/11 02:33 PM
I've been wishing that there was a local cable station where I could, for a smaller fee, just get CNBC and Bloomberg. Well, I found something better. Free. (It's possible that I may be the only one that didn't know this until now.)

www.streamick.com

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Free TV - 05/17/11 02:50 PM
It's more likely that site's going to be shut down and shut down hard.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Free TV - 05/17/11 02:56 PM
Perhaps. But I thought it was a good find. If anyone knows of a similar, or better site, then please list it here.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Free TV - 05/17/11 02:58 PM
Here's one called TV from around the world, that I don't find interesting, but someone else might.

www.tvunetworks.com

Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Free TV - 05/17/11 05:12 PM
Yeah. I posted a few months ago and someone put up a similar site. Shortly after, it was shut down. Just a matter of time.

However, there is USTVnow that is similar but requires a monthly payment for additional channels. Honestly, I don't know how they haven't been shut off. From what I tried, I think it's a Philly feed.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Free TV - 05/17/11 07:25 PM
Who wants to stream TV when it is on? I want to watch what I want to watch, when I want to watch it. These days I'm pulling things from alt.binaries.teevee. Funny how that works out. I was an NNTP addict when I first got on the Net in 1990. And now I'm back to the same source.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Free TV - 05/17/11 07:26 PM
For financial news and day trading stocks, you want it streaming.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Free TV - 05/18/11 12:00 AM
Yeah, I guess you're right there. No sense in DVRing stock tickers. smile

Did you see that?! IBM just dropped 25 points! Rewind so we can see it again.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Free TV - 05/18/11 03:32 AM
Sports too....I don't want to watch after I already know what happened. If not for sports I think I'd drop cable all together.

Where's ala carte cable when you need it?!
Posted By: INANE Re: Free TV - 05/18/11 03:59 AM
Yup, college football is the main reason I stay subscribed.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Free TV - 05/18/11 10:55 AM
Welcome to the Big Ten! grin
© Axiom Message Boards