Axiom Home Page
Posted By: J. B. Plasma - 05/18/11 11:07 PM
I got a plasma tv that is a few years old, and i've been told that i will soon need to replenish the plasma in the tv.

Does anyone know where i can buy some so i don't have to look for it at the last minute?
Posted By: Joe_in_SC Re: Plasma - 05/18/11 11:12 PM
I got mine at the blood bank. They practically give away the O+. That's what my Panasonic uses, but check your brand.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Plasma - 05/18/11 11:13 PM
AFAIK that's an old salesman's tale.
Posted By: bruceg Re: Plasma - 05/18/11 11:18 PM
I read that it has like a half life, as in five yrs it won't be as clear as new & so on.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Plasma - 05/18/11 11:19 PM
Da daaaa!
Posted By: bruceg Re: Plasma - 05/18/11 11:20 PM
oh & mines B+
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Plasma - 05/18/11 11:26 PM
Honestly though, what eventually wears out on a plasma TV is the phosphor coating and not the gases behind the screen. There's no plasma in the TV either. It's the gas that gets excited to a plasma state when a sub-pixel is called upon to light.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 12:03 AM
JB, didn't you have another thread started for this stuff? grin
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 12:06 AM
Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
Honestly though, what eventually wears out on a plasma TV is the phosphor coating and not the gases behind the screen. There's no plasma in the TV either. It's the gas that gets excited to a plasma state when a sub-pixel is called upon to light.

Dang it, Chris! You just took all the magic out of it. frown
Posted By: J. B. Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 12:22 AM
Originally Posted By: ClubNeon

you should NOT have written such falsehoods, it will scare away new people coming on the forum and they won't buy any Axiom thingies as they'll say we're not serious.
also, it's not very courteous to other people to lead them on false assumptions as you just did.

what i wrote is the same truth as when i asked previously in a couple of forums how i could get my pc monitor's pointer clean, as with time, little bits of dust and cat hair have stuck to it and now the tip of the pointer is like a little fuzz ball. Even if i move the pointer very fast from side to side or up and down, the little fuzz ball is always stuck there.
i guess i'll have to take off the glass in front of the monitor so i can clean the pointer.

any pointers anyone?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 12:26 AM
Have you tried White Out along the edges of the pointer?
Posted By: J. B. Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 12:30 AM
i know about black out, but not white out...

pls explain the difference and thank you very much my friend.
i go now. bye bye.
in my country, we say nik nik...
(better than "ack ack!")
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 12:32 AM
Shake the screen like an Etch A Sketch....
Posted By: J. B. Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 12:32 AM
rereading what this J.B. just wrote, i think he's a birdie...
like twit! twit!
don't listen to him.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 12:36 AM
Originally Posted By: J. Bellemare
i know about black out, but not white out...

pls explain the difference and thank you very much my friend.
i go now. bye bye.
in my country, we say nik nik...

What? I've never heard of nik-nik .
Posted By: J. B. Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 12:41 AM
you obviously never watched the tv series "Taxi"
it was superb, excellent.
it was the "immigrant" mechanic who came from some unknown european country and he often would say to himself "nik nik"; no one ever knew what it meant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxi_(TV_series)

if i remember well, that machanic's name was Latka, but that's a long time ago. i got a couple of dead brain cells since then.

Posted By: bruceg Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 01:00 AM
In Easy Rider (1969) Jack Nickelson took a drink of booze, put his hand under his arm & said nik nik nik indians. Boy, what usless knowledge I have.
Posted By: J. B. Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 01:05 AM
i like "Ack Ack!" a lot.
watch it again and again, a few times a year.
Posted By: J. B. Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 01:18 AM
i found this about "Nik Nik" on wikipedia:

it's about the 80's TV series Taxi.

"Latka Gravas (Andy Kaufman) - Latka is an immigrant from a very strange (presumably Eastern European) land, often speaking in his invented foreign tongue ("ibi da", "nik nik"). He works as a mechanic, fixing the taxis. Latka was an adaptation of the "Foreign Man" character Kaufman originated in his stand-up comedy act. He eventually grew tired of the gag, so the writers gave Latka multiple personality disorder, allowing Kaufman to play other characters, the most frequent one being a repellent, smooth-talking lounge-lizard persona calling itself Vic Ferrari. In one episode however, he becomes Alex, with profound insights into "his" life. Just when he is about to reveal to the real Alex the perfect solution for all his problems, he reverts to Latka."
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Plasma - 05/19/11 01:47 AM
Atat at at atat at.
© Axiom Message Boards