Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jakewash Wii U - 06/08/11 07:07 AM
Here is some more info from Nintendo on the next generation of the Wii

http://e3.nintendo.com/hw/#/introduction
Posted By: CV Re: Wii U - 06/08/11 05:47 PM
I never got around to getting the Wii, even though I love Nintendo's first-party games. I'm excited to catch up with them with the Wii U.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Wii U - 06/08/11 07:14 PM
I love games. I like Nintendo and the boutique stuff. (Though I agree, the 3DS right now is a bust.)

But this Wii U, I still don't get. I can see there's potential, but the reality will be tough. I gotta imagine those controllers are going to be pricey.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Wii U - 06/08/11 09:19 PM
Originally Posted By: oldskoolboarder
I gotta imagine those controllers are going to be pricey.

Because the outsourced manufacturing contract went to a partnership of Monster and Bose? smile
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Wii U - 06/09/11 12:53 AM
So it is a console with a portable game system included?

not too excited...
Posted By: fhw Re: Wii U - 06/09/11 01:38 AM
I look at this and wonder if it doesn't defeat the whole purpose of the Wii, which is to get people off their keysters and use video games as a form of pseudo-exercise. Far and away the best games are the sports titles where the controller replaces equipment (Wii bowling, Punch-out, Tiger Woods, etc.).

You'd think all that was needed was to upgrade the response of the controller, especially with Wii Motion+.
Posted By: CV Re: Wii U - 06/09/11 04:15 AM
Originally Posted By: terzaghi
So it is a console with a portable game system included?

not too excited...

Not exactly. It looks like they actually thought of some cool ways to use the controller's screen.

Wii U Unveiling [HD] E3 2011

Enough of what's shown is clever enough to have me interested.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Wii U - 06/09/11 04:46 AM
I see it as more of a home console version of the DS.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Wii U - 06/09/11 05:03 PM
in my opinion, microsoft has outdone sony and nintendo with the kinnect. that thing is so freaking fun!
© Axiom Message Boards