Axiom Home Page
Posted By: FordPrefect Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 07/30/03 11:06 AM
Hi there,
Will we be getting a sneak peak at these new products?
I am holding my breath
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 07/30/03 01:30 PM
And here is a snapshot right from the axiomaudio.com/prototypes page that was accidentally left open again. It is not only gold plated with the finest of shielding but you get a free lamp plug for the end as a bonus.

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 07/30/03 03:40 PM
These new Axiom cables had better be DANG inexpensive with all the "exotic cables make no difference" talk that they have done in the past. I'm very, very curious.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 07/30/03 03:41 PM
Chesseroo, is that restraining order not in place yet? We told you to stop peaking in our windows!!! Sigh. So much for the big launch!

The pics in the newsletter are the prototypes - obviously the end result is a little more polished, branded, etc, but they are lovely heavy-weight cables with a black braided exterior. Lamp plugs extra.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 07/30/03 03:58 PM
Can someone post a pic or a link to one on here?
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 07/30/03 05:35 PM
axiomaudio.com/archives/July2003.html.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 07/30/03 05:38 PM
If they aren't expensive I'd consider them for the durability and solid construction, at least from the pictures I've seen. They're pretty too. But I'm certainly not paying Monster prices for them.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 07/30/03 08:56 PM
Well, somebody's just going to have to test them, won't they? Double blind, blah blah blah, of course ;-) Peter volunteers.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 07/30/03 09:34 PM
Sure, why not!

I'll also need a speaker switch box and second pair of M22s, preferably ones that have been broken in for at least 3 months so they'll sound the same as mine.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 07/30/03 09:37 PM
Ooh, you just like asking for it, don't you...
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/07/03 05:11 AM
So. since you guys are getting into the cables buisness, youve gotta tell me. have you done blind tests and were any differences heard and how did the axiom cables perform to others. anybody can make eye candy cables, but designing some that sound good is a different story. Any samples being sent out for beta testing? ( you still got my adress right?) lol. ;-)
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/13/03 12:40 AM
I scanned a picture of some Axiom cables...I'll post it tonight. This is the picture I mentioned from their catalog. Don't know if these are what they'll be selling, but they are "Axiom" cables.

Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/13/03 02:31 AM
catalog? what catalog. i want a catalog
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/13/03 07:22 AM
As promised...here's that pic.

Posted By: sushi Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/13/03 09:08 AM
Yeah... so Amie, where is the catalog??? [drooling]
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/13/03 03:36 PM
I guess catalog isn't the right word. It's more a of brochure explaining the history of the company, and gives tips on different aspects of speakers - placement, cabling, etc... It was packed in with my M60's when I received them.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/13/03 03:37 PM
All these weird rumours! There is no catalogue. Silly boys! He scanned it from the manual (which I haven't gotten together in a PDF yet - my bad). The pictures in the newsletter (did anyone notice the thanks to Sushi?) were Axiom cables, and of course, they were tested blind! The beta samples must be lost in the mail, though . . . yikes!
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/13/03 03:38 PM
Ah, cross-posted!
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/13/03 05:59 PM
Hey! Those cables aren't made out of lamp cords!

Question - is Axiom going to market its cables as "guaranteed to make no difference whatsoever in your listening pleasure" ?

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/13/03 06:45 PM
That's too funny! LOL!
Posted By: Saturn Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/13/03 08:24 PM
Ouchie!
Posted By: BigWill Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/14/03 08:41 PM
Amie,
What cables were these new ones blind tested against? Did you test against that insanely expensive stuff? Monster? my garden lighting wire?
Posted By: BigWill Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/14/03 08:51 PM
I reckon marketing hype will be unnecessary. I'm guessing that alot of the speakers they sell are to people like me who are finally transitioning from 2 channel to HT.
"With all these extra speakers I need more wires!", says the customer.
"Hey, we got wires, too! Blind tested and guaranteed to be as good as any other copper wires on the other planet!", responds Axiom.
Nice example of a company responding to an actual need from their customers rather than trying to artificially create a market for their product by colluding with audiophile publications.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/14/03 09:51 PM
I like the idea!

So, given the prevailing philosophy on this site, that all wires are the same, Axiom could say their cabling will perform as well as cables costing thousands of dollars! I'm certain, in many cases, they would be right!!
Posted By: BigWill Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/14/03 11:52 PM
Oops. I meant this planet.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/15/03 01:17 AM
You're beginning to get it, 2x6. I understand that counsel has drafted "No Better Sounding Cable Is Available At Any Price!" and is totally confident that the language would be unassailable.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom's "soon-to-be" Cables - 08/15/03 02:32 AM
the real test for them will be corrosion. For the two on the left in the pic anyway. I have some old monster cable that looks like that which turned black. and some old radio shack that looks like that that didnt. the problem though is the ends oxidize if they arent terminated and sealed. I also have used those bannana type plugs. they sell em at radio shack and all over online. I would much rather have permanently terminated bannana plugs or even better SPADES than those because again, they oxidize and are kina funky the way the wire goes in. The cables in the axiom newsletter look pretty acceptable to me. because they are sealed so they shouldnt oxidize and they are permanatly terminated and plus they just look alot better. it will be intersting to see though how much they sell for!
© Axiom Message Boards