Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Argon To B2 or not To B2 - 09/12/11 04:44 PM
I went to the NC State / Wake game Saturday - traffic was particularly bad because the annual Air Show was also ocurring. During the game, a B2 bomber did a couple of flyovers that were clearly visible from the stadium. I know the game was loud and the plane was some distance away - but I never heard a sound from the aircraft. The other thing that struck me was how thin the plane was when viewed in profile.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: To B2 or not To B2 - 09/12/11 04:54 PM
Back when I worked at an aerospace giant, a B2 did a flyover of the buildings. I didn't see it, but it wasn't quiet!

That said, I'm sure they're quieter than most aircraft as part of the stealth. Pretty cool stuff.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: To B2 or not To B2 - 09/12/11 07:00 PM
Every 4th of July in Dubuque, Iowa, they have a free airshow as part of the fireworks display. The B2 has been there a number of years now. It is silent coming at you, but loud once is has passed by. Of course, in battle, by then it would be too late. smile
Posted By: Argon Re: To B2 or not To B2 - 09/13/11 11:32 AM
They had F104s flyover on Sunday. I wasn't there - I was at a friends house watching the Ravens game. He told me that the circle around during multiple passes will often go right over his house. About midway through the second half, we heard that sorta tearing sound that the jets make during a high speed turn. I ran out in time to see the tail end of the 104s.
© Axiom Message Boards