Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/12/11 09:13 PM
I won a pair of QS8s in the auction this morning, and I got my "they shipped" notification a little bit ago. Can't wait. Of course, I really don't need them yet since I am (still) working on the home theater and basement finishing, but I am getting closer.

I remember when this used to be called "getting the 'golden email'"...

Hopefully next week I'll get picking up a VP180...
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/12/11 09:31 PM
Awesome! What was the winning bid amount? 2 more QS8s are next on my list.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/12/11 09:56 PM
Not sure if I should say, but I will say this: I was the only bidder, and there were 2 other pairs out there at the same time, so the competition was slim keeping it to just 1 bid. It started at about 15% off regular full A-Stock pricing...

(wow, there are a lot of hints in there without giving the price.)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/13/11 01:25 AM
Saaaaaaaweeeeeet!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/14/11 03:39 PM
The QS8s are set to arrive tomorrow, and I am on a business trip. Oh well. Can't wait to get them even if I can't hook them up yet!
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/14/11 04:51 PM
*hides in bush outside of Nick's house awaiting DHL*
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/14/11 06:05 PM
Ha! 1) Who said that they were coming DHL? 2) Who said that nobody was going to be home to accept delivery?

I've foiled your plot... Muuuuhahahahaaaa!
Posted By: Murph Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/14/11 07:20 PM
Who said I didn't just hijack the truck.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/14/11 07:55 PM
Dang it!

Yeah, they were in the state of New York yesterday, and I got in to New York yesterday too. I should have intercepted them, but then I don't think that they would fit as my carry-on luggage.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/15/11 02:32 AM
Tape them to your head and just tell them they are earbuds.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/15/11 02:33 AM
My axioms arrived via DHL 4 years ago so assumed that was still the US shipping company they used...
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/15/11 03:13 AM
FedEx is who they used for my pair of QS8s this time, and FedEx was used back in 2004 for my other Axioms. Must be whomever is cheaper.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/15/11 11:06 AM
I've gotten them via Fedex, UPS, and DHL.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/15/11 02:39 PM
"On the truck for delivery"! smile
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Woohoo! 7.1 here I come! - 09/16/11 03:19 AM
So they showed up. Boxes were in great shape. I opened them up and loved the magnets holding the grills on. I looked them over looking for any flaws, and there was just a super minor blemish on the one that I tried to take a photo of, but it didn't even show up enough. The other one seems to have a flaw in a 3" section of the top of the QS8. It is under the grill, so you can't even see it.

I also noticed the new mounting bracket. I liked the old mounting brackets, but these seem nice too.

One thing that is noticeably different is the Axiom logo on the front. The V2 QS8s have the silver Axiom logo surrounded with black to make a rectangular "badge". The new ones are just the chrome Axiom logo. I actually kind of like the old badge style better. Mainly because the new "chrome" one looks pre-scratched already. I will probably actually take some fine grit sandpaper (I know, the horror) and put some "grain" into them to make them look more like a brushed metal so that the scuffs don't stand out as much.

Overall, VERY, VERY, VERY happy!
© Axiom Message Boards