Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobKay Moments when you wish you had a time machine - 10/05/11 03:09 PM
"I just received your quote. That's a great price!" Doh!
Honey, I'm pregnant...................again!
<in conversation with manager> This job sucks... I mean, it's my job to do this, so that's fine!
You mean, that's illegal?
To go back and see Kelly Labrock in Weird Science.
Randy, you don't need a time machine to watch a movie.
who said anything about watching, lol.
I think what you need is a Fantasy Machine.
good song, Life is just a Fantasy....
I'd go back and tell myself about all of the bad on-the-job decisions I made so that I could have gotten rich during the 90's tech boom.

Oh, and I would have told myself NOT to buy that first house, and to stay at home with mom and dad for another 9 months after college and pay off my debt.

I could do both in the same trip, so where's the time machine? I'll be back before you know it. ;-)
when i came back to Canada from Japan, i left on a sunday and arrived in Vancouver the preceding saturday. Time machine anyone?
Originally Posted By: SirQuack
To go back and see Kelly Labrock in Weird Science.

I once sold her and her family some camping chairs.

Big 5 Sporting Goods--better than a time machine.
I believe him. In fact I found a picture of him demoing the product.

Wrapping it in a spoiler tag is it may be just ever so slightly in poor taste to some people. Should that type of people actually ever visit this board someday....

Click to reveal..

Giggity!
Needless to say I was the top chair salesman that month.
Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Needless to say I was the top chair salesman that month.

Looks more like the bottom salesman to me.
Ba domp pssht!
Interesting repsonses. I suppose I started it with something regretful that one would like to go back and change, but no one wanted to go back to relive something just as it was. The posts were all about changing the past.

Is there something worth going back and doing (experiencing) again? Something (an opportunity?) that you did take full advantage of, but would never present itself again?

i.e. a GOOD groundhog day?
Seriously though, lots of things, but before I'd risk it, I'd want a bail out button.
When your last name is Murphy, you know that whatever you go back to change is going to result in an equal or sizeably worse catastrophe.
Yes, but you should be comforted by the fact that there are 9 million other Murphy's in the world to share your pain.

Bill (my Murphy) says that Murphys are like piles of dog poop. If you don't watch where you're going, you'll step on one.
© Axiom Message Boards