Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi New Transformers movie? - 10/19/11 03:37 AM
Has anyone watched this bluray yet? Should be arriving via netflix soon. I'm excited to put my axioms to the test for this one. A review of the audio quality on the new transformers bluray over at AVS makes it sound awesome, plus they rated the audio a 100/100. From AVS review:

This 7.1 channel Dolby TrueHD soundtrack is not only of reference quality but is among the best surround sound experiences I have had in my theater room. I was treated to an impeccably detailed, powerfully dynamic, and demonstrative surround sound presentation infused with multi-layered sound effects and bolstered by a mix that makes effective and aggressive use of the surround channels to elongate the front soundstage to reproduce the spatial and discrete sounds of this demanding soundtrack. The front and rear sound fields are integrated with precision which enables a seamless transference during panning sequences. The listening position is submerged into a 360 degree web of sound that is sometimes riveting as it bombards the senses with a combination of well placed effects and ambience. Dialogue is supremely articulated with excellent focus, clarity and descriptive intonation. The extended dynamic range of the recording coupled with the inherently higher resolution of lossless audio renders the bombastic nature of battle with superlative high level sonics and authoritative bass transients that are deep, powerful and sometimes timber rattling. I love deep, clean, powerful bass and this track delivers it in spades. Low frequency effects can be substantial and occasionally reach seismic levels that will test the limits of lesser subwoofers. As viewers I think we sometimes miss some of the intricacies that go into the design of soundtracks such as this. Not so in this case as even seemingly inconspicuous minutia within the recording is detectable. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute with terrific soundtrack.
Posted By: CV Re: New Transformers movie? - 10/19/11 05:02 AM
I've watched the Blu-ray. The audio is certainly fun, but I don't know that I'd necessarily rate it THAT highly. There are a lot of good soundtracks out there these days.
Posted By: Murph Re: New Transformers movie? - 10/19/11 11:04 AM
Any particular scenes worth mentioning for demo purposes?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: New Transformers movie? - 10/19/11 12:05 PM
I watched it. But need to watch it again. All I remember is getting a big yawn from too much action. Brain overload.
Posted By: Murph Re: New Transformers movie? - 10/19/11 12:11 PM
ARRRGGG
Your new blinking cat's eye avatar makes me see spots on the wall when I look away.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: New Transformers movie? - 10/19/11 02:51 PM
I own the blu-ray mainly because any more I justify movie purchases by saving the cost of NOT going to the theater and then waiting until it is out on disc, but I heard that the movie is visual stunning (easier to do when most of it is CG) and had a decent 7.1 soundtrack.

I have yet to watch it though. Maybe by Christmas I will have the new theater done... Boy will I have a lot of movies to catch up on.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: New Transformers movie? - 10/19/11 04:11 PM
Netflix shipped out star wars episode 1 bluray instead. I hear that the star wars blurays have great sound quality as well.
Posted By: CV Re: New Transformers movie? - 10/19/11 06:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
Any particular scenes worth mentioning for demo purposes?

From Dark of the Moon or any movie? In either case, I'd need to jog my memory. I really should be taking exhaustive notes during every viewing session.
Posted By: fredk Re: New Transformers movie? - 10/20/11 12:19 AM
Quote:
Dialogue is supremely articulated with excellent focus, clarity and descriptive intonation.

Too bad the dialog wasn't worth listening to...

Its a fun movie that's long on special effects and short on plot/dialog.
Posted By: jakewash Re: New Transformers movie? - 10/20/11 02:43 AM
Any of the fight scenes in Dark of the Moon are impressive sound wise and some of the off beat times they transform you can really pick up on the different sounds involved.
Posted By: mpyw Re: New Transformers movie? - 10/20/11 02:48 AM
My thought in the other thread:-

Finally watched "Transformers : Dark Of The Moon"

story wise so-so, but as a pop corn flick, it's a feast to the eyes and wow-wow-wow for the fabulous 7.1 TrueHD sound track.

The sound ae so envoloped and moving seemlessly all around you. and lots of LFE action as well. The sound of a gun shot boucing back from wall that I never heard in the cinema caught me by surprise and I thought something hit from the back of my wall

However, I've some problem, the soundtrack become noisy from the surround speakers when enter 1:26 time, was using TrueHD direct b4 that and have to change to THX setting than the noise go away....but I found that pure 7.1 truehd without processing from the AVR sound better and more detail to me.....

A true demo quality for PQ & AQ I must said..
Posted By: CatBrat Re: New Transformers movie? - 10/20/11 02:54 AM
If I remember correctly, none of the sceens took place on the dark side of the moon, even though the title is "Dark of the Moon".
© Axiom Message Boards