Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Murph After 5 faithful years....... - 10/31/11 06:56 PM
No, I'm not getting divorced. But it's almost as bad.
After 5 rough years, including 4 years of surviving countless drops off the coffee table due to my old lab's tail that was at the perfect height for coffee table carnage..... my URC300 universal remote has finally stopped working. That's what I get for bragging about it last week I guess. Never taunt the Happy Fun Ball.

Actually it still kind of works. The touch screen display stopped functioning. However, and quiet by accident, I discovered that if you press the side button for the back lighting it will actually work as long as the light is turned on. Very odd. So it's functional but very inconvenient and I'm sure this is not conducive to good battery life.

I have to say though, I feel good that I got my money out of it. It was certainly as rugged as it claimed to be at the time to survive almost 6 years of both my dog's tail, which I nicknamed "His Louisville Slugger," and of course my own admitted clumsiness.

Goodbye old friend!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: After 5 faithful years....... - 10/31/11 07:04 PM
Wow, if I kept hitting my remote with what I call MY "Louisville Slugger", I'd be arrested and seeing the Doc here.
Posted By: medic8r Re: After 5 faithful years....... - 10/31/11 07:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
Never taunt the Happy Fun Ball.

I remember that SNL skit. Good one.

My condolences for your loss. I'll have your wife sprinkle the SSRI du jour into your water for the next week or two.
Posted By: medic8r Re: After 5 faithful years....... - 10/31/11 07:08 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Wow, if I kept hitting my remote with what I call MY "Louisville Slugger" ...

... I'd scribble into your chart furiously and then ask that you dub me a few movies from your collection.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: After 5 faithful years....... - 11/01/11 12:06 AM
I don't think Mark has even seen THOSE movies either. . .
Posted By: Murph Re: After 5 faithful years....... - 11/01/11 11:57 AM
Wow, if I kept hitting my remote with what I call MY "Louisville Slugger", I'd be arrested and seeing the Doc here.

You would probably get away with it. T-ball bats don't attract much attention.
Posted By: Murph Re: After 5 faithful years....... - 11/01/11 11:57 AM
Bazinga
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: After 5 faithful years....... - 11/01/11 03:27 PM
More likely, a whiffle bat since I always whiff when I take a swing at it....
Posted By: medic8r Re: After 5 faithful years....... - 11/01/11 03:46 PM
... since I always whiff when I take a swing at it ...

Like this?

Whiff test

[safe for work]
Posted By: casey01 Re: After 5 faithful years....... - 11/01/11 03:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
No, I'm not getting divorced. But it's almost as bad.
After 5 rough years, including 4 years of surviving countless drops off the coffee table due to my old lab's tail that was at the perfect height for coffee table carnage..... my URC300 universal remote has finally stopped working. That's what I get for bragging about it last week I guess. Never taunt the Happy Fun Ball.

Actually it still kind of works. The touch screen display stopped functioning. However, and quiet by accident, I discovered that if you press the side button for the back lighting it will actually work as long as the light is turned on. Very odd. So it's functional but very inconvenient and I'm sure this is not conducive to good battery life.

I have to say though, I feel good that I got my money out of it. It was certainly as rugged as it claimed to be at the time to survive almost 6 years of both my dog's tail, which I nicknamed "His Louisville Slugger," and of course my own admitted clumsiness.

Goodbye old friend!

Just wondering and perhaps a simplistic question, but, in the years that you have had the remote have you ever replaced the battery?
Posted By: Murph Re: After 5 faithful years....... - 11/01/11 05:08 PM
It does not have a recharge station, just normal AAs. So yes, many times.

Thanks for the thought though. Could easily have been relevant.
© Axiom Message Boards