Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RickF Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/10/11 04:23 AM
I know it's a day early but because I'll be out of town for the next couple of days I'd like to personally thank the vets, both U.S. and Canadians here on the forum ... Jack (Ajax), Tom (Exlabdriver), Dean (Grunt), Rick (Wid) and Michael (micheal_d) for your dedicated service to both of our countries. Please forgive me if I missed anyone but I certainly don't want to leave anybody out and my personal thanks are for all vets, bar none.

I'm quite sure most of you may know the significance of the number 11 with Veterans/Remembrance Day but for those of you who may not, this day was brought about to mark the armistice of WWI on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 and to honor the vets who served.

The number 11 will be an especially significant number for my wife and myself this year because at 11:00 a.m. on Friday (the 11th) our son will graduate basic training for the U.S. Coast Guard at Cape May, N.J. ... Godspeed with your new career young man!

Thank You fellow vets for your service!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/10/11 04:54 AM
A very special thank you to those that have served or are serving.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/10/11 04:57 AM
Well said, Rick.

I'd also like to extend my thanks to all the forum members who are vets. And I'd like to say thanks to my dad who is also a vet, having served in the Vietnam War.
Posted By: CV Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/10/11 05:10 AM
I'm humbled by anyone willing to make that sacrifice. Thanks to everyone who protects our freedoms.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/10/11 05:37 AM
I cannot express the depth of my gratitude to all those who have served to protect our freedoms.

Rick, congratulations and thank you to your son. You must be very proud of him.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/10/11 08:39 AM
Rick, congratulations to your son. Thanks to our veterans here and everywhere who've helped defend our freedoms.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/10/11 12:32 PM
I'm a vet. Not a long timer, but I put 4 years into the US Army during a rather peaceful time just after the Vietnam war.

I also thank all of the other vets. They are what helps to make this a great nation.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/10/11 12:50 PM
I don't see how it could be said better than Ricks post.

Thank you to all who have served or continue to serve. And Rick, add one more "congratulations" to your son!
Posted By: Murph Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/10/11 01:03 PM
Agreed. I'll be attending memorial services tomorrow, rain or shine and it definitely looks like wind & rain, two colliding storm systems worth. However getting a bit wet is a laughable sacrifice compared to what these brave men and women did and continue to do for us.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/10/11 01:47 PM
Thanks to all veterans and Happy Birthday Marines!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/10/11 02:47 PM
What everyone else said. And a special thanks to Dean for still doing it, everyday, everyday!
Posted By: INANE Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/11/11 05:20 AM
I'd like to also thank everyone that has and does serve. We owe you much more than we can ever repay.
Posted By: Wid Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/11/11 12:02 PM

Tell Ryan we are really proud of him Rick.

Thanks to all the vets that served before me and to all who served after me.

A special thanks to the vets who gave ALL!
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/11/11 01:40 PM
Thanks to all who have served!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/11/11 02:52 PM
I too am very thankful for all of our veterans. My dad and my father-in-law served, as well as many other relatives, friends, and coworkers both past and present.

While I was driving to work today, I saw a number of the residential streets in the area that had flags flying on flag poles that were set up late yesterday. It was pretty neat. Of course, they will be down again tomorrow... Not that people should only think about veterans (or any other person who has served their country of community) for just one day...
Posted By: BobKay Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/11/11 04:04 PM
Let's not forget, WWII was won by the sacrifices of the US, Canada, Australia, Great Britain and New Zealand. So hats off to our northern friends as well.

Except for Fred, who insists on still speaking German.
Posted By: Amie Re: Veterans Day - Remberance Day.... - 11/11/11 04:57 PM
+1 on the thanks! Just got off the phone with my Uncle who flew Lancasters in WWII. He has the most fascinating stories about his time in the war, and our family is fortunate that his son has recorded a lot of them. His granddaughter is a nurse who is currently stationed in Afghanistan.

Anyway, my thanks to everyone here as well.
© Axiom Message Boards