Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Popcorn tins - 12/09/11 06:35 AM
Where should I buy a popcorn tin from? More than one flavor of good quality stuff would be great. Bonus points if it has a vintage-looking Santa image on the tin. Thanks if you have any suggestions!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Popcorn tins - 12/09/11 01:37 PM
Costco is the gold standard for terrifying office popcorn tins, I think.

Mmm. Carmel corn.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Popcorn tins - 12/09/11 03:24 PM
Trader Joes should have them in stock, too.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Popcorn tins - 12/09/11 03:26 PM
Charles:

www.vicspopcornomaha.com

Thinking along Ken's line---they have a large and horrifying selection of cute stuff filled with popcorn.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Popcorn tins - 12/09/11 03:28 PM
I believe you meant http://www.vicspopcornomaha.com/
Posted By: BobKay Re: Popcorn tins - 12/09/11 03:29 PM
Yes. That's what I meant. Thank you, nerd.

Seriously, if you hadn't corrected it, it would have been of no use for other nerds, errr, I mean, Xmas Pop-Corn Metal-Box shoppers.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Popcorn tins - 12/09/11 04:44 PM
Charles is the leader in the clubhouse for "obscure question of the month"
Posted By: CV Re: Popcorn tins - 12/09/11 07:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I haven't been to Costco yet to look. We don't have a Trader Joe's, but it has to be only a matter of time. Bob, I think I'm going to have to give Vic's a try. Looks like a good time.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Popcorn tins - 12/09/11 07:39 PM
Originally Posted By: CV
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I haven't been to Costco yet to look. We don't have a Trader Joe's, but it has to be only a matter of time. Bob, I think I'm going to have to give Vic's a try. Looks like a good time.

Thank Peter. I'd have sent you to Vis'c Popcorn Omaha.com.

Guess I should join up with the Dyslexic's Untied Church of Dog.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Popcorn tins - 12/09/11 07:41 PM
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Guess I should join up with the Dyslexic's Untied Church of Dog.

Is this where people bark and wag their tails instead of saying Amen?

Hmm, maybe I'm thinking of a Shakira concert.
Posted By: CV Re: Popcorn tins - 12/09/11 07:42 PM
There ARE no leashes in Heaven.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Popcorn tins - 12/09/11 07:59 PM
Originally Posted By: CV
There ARE no leashes in Heaven.

That sounds like the inside of a Hallmark card one gives upon the death of someone's dog. It IS a sweet thought, though.

Or, "In dog heaven, all boys get their scroti back."
Posted By: CV Re: Popcorn tins - 12/10/11 05:26 AM
Yeah, I hadn't heard the expression before, but it was in an episode of Freaks and Geeks. As you suspected, it was consolation for the loss of a canine pet.
Posted By: CV Re: Popcorn tins - 12/17/11 08:40 AM
I ordered two canisters (three flavors each) from Vic's, and I received them today. I got one for myself and one for my coworker. She likes Santa, thus the request for the Santa image. She also likes the Steelers, so I got that as my second canister. Now she has a choice, in case she doesn't like the way Santa is depicted, and hey, now I get some of the popcorn for myself. The only problem is she is off all next week and a couple of days the following week. I don't want to open either until she chooses one, so it's going to be sitting there taunting me. It's always possible to run into her outside of work, so here's hoping our schedules allow. I'm eager to try it.
Posted By: CV Re: Popcorn tins - 12/24/11 10:17 AM
I finally got together with my coworker and was able to open the popcorn tins. Good stuff! Hard to choose a favorite at this point. Caramel Chocolate Swirl and Cinnamon both stand out, but I honestly haven't eaten enough of any of them. My coworker gave me two mini-loaves of bread, and I've already breathed in one of those.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Popcorn tins - 12/24/11 03:03 PM
Glad you found what you wanted online, CV. I'm not a popcorn fan, the farts are too dry and painful, but, after your descriptions, I want them; torpedoes be damned.
© Axiom Message Boards