Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cb919 Surprise spotting! - 12/15/11 03:02 AM
I am getting one of my usual on the road dinners from Subways last night in downtown Montreal (you know, has veggies on it so I can convince myself I am eating healthy!) when I notice some standard looking bookshelf speakers mounted to the wall pumping out the sound from the TV feed of the local Habs game. I took a closer look at the speaker out of idle interest and was shocked to see they were Axiom speakers! Must be an older vintage as I don't recognize them as part of the current line up. I'll have to take a blackberry pic next time I am back and post it up. Anyway, I thought it was a neat random spotting of Axiom.

Has anybody else run into Axioms totally by surprise?
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/15/11 05:05 AM
I seem to only run into Axioms virtually. I was following a few home theater build threads over at AVS just to find out when they got done that they were using Axioms and while they are active people over at AVS, they aren't active here at all.

But nothing live and in person.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/16/11 12:36 AM
I'm with Nick, see lots of postings with Axiom speakers but never a random chance like that.
Posted By: fredk Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/16/11 04:15 AM
Originally Posted By: cb919
I am getting one of my usual on the road dinners from Subways last night in downtown Montreal

shocked shocked shocked
You are at the epicentre of restaurant awesomeness and you go to... to Subway???
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/16/11 05:02 AM
There was a Greek restaurant in Burnaby that had M22s (or an older model of a similar style) mounted high on the walls. Seeing that Axiom logo always made me smile, but they were always playing very softly. Not unlike the car gently driven by the little old lady only on Sundays.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/16/11 03:25 PM
I live there for work 3 days a week Fred. If I enjoyed the wonderful cuisine all the time I would be much lighter in the wallet and a whole lot heavier than I already am. Plus I am one of those people that does not enjoy sitting in a restaurant alone. Therefore Subways among other simple food options (like the grocery store) tend to prevail. I hear ya though!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/20/11 06:17 PM
Just saw the Audiobytes mentioned (albeit not recommended) in the Ars Technica system guide.
Posted By: Amie Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/21/11 12:14 AM
I remember when Ian and I started dating and we were out at a pub for lunch in Kingston, where I was going to school. I didn't know much about his business at the time, but I looked up into the corner of the pub and there were Axiom speakers. Pretty cool on a date.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/21/11 12:55 AM
Could it be he took you there on purpose as part of his master plan to impress you? grin
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/21/11 12:56 AM
Did he pick up the check, all big-shotty? smile
Posted By: Amie Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/21/11 10:19 AM
Wow, boys know all the tricks!! Guess it's too late now to ask . . . ;-)
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/21/11 01:41 PM
Was Ian wearing a Canadian Tuxedo? (Jeans and a jean jacket)
Posted By: J. B. Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/21/11 01:48 PM
i love this one about the Canadian tuxedo. never heard it before. :-)
Posted By: BobKay Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/21/11 02:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Lampshade
Was Ian wearing a Canadian Tuxedo? (Jeans and a jean jacket)

OK, Chris. I think you should stop hanging out with me. Your marriage may be in jeopardy as you're becoming mean; still funny, but mean.

Me likey!
Posted By: Amie Re: Surprise spotting! - 12/21/11 04:46 PM
An Axiom jacket, natch. He's not much on tuxes ;-)
Posted By: cb919 Re: Surprise spotting! - 01/05/12 03:08 PM
Well, I am back in Montreal after the holidays and went back to Subway (sorry FredK!). Here are some crappy bberry pics of the old Axioms. Anyone know what model they are?

and

Posted By: fredk Re: Surprise spotting! - 01/05/12 06:34 PM
Well, given that you are in the Mecca of Canadian restaurant awesomeness, I guess I can forgive you for thinking that old Montreal is pesdestrian. I hope you at least wear your Canadian tux to Subway.

Cool pic.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Surprise spotting! - 01/05/12 08:24 PM
where i come from we wear whats called a surrey dinner jacket.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Surprise spotting! - 01/05/12 10:25 PM
I love old Montreal and enjoy being a pedestrian there - I do not think it is too pedestrian. smile
I run along the Lachine canal in the mornings and one of my friends lives just north of Jacques Cartier Square, so I spend plenty of time in old town - during summers anyway.
Posted By: Amie Re: Surprise spotting! - 01/06/12 02:25 AM
Brent remembered these - they were part of the CT Series that we sold through Dumoulin.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Surprise spotting! - 01/06/12 04:40 AM
When I encounter suprise spotting, first I pre-soak, then I use Tide liquid, with a 1/2 cup of color-safe bleach.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Surprise spotting! - 01/06/12 01:44 PM
Bob, I'm surprised it took you that long! That's one of the first responses I was expecting.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Surprise spotting! - 01/06/12 02:15 PM
I'm sorry I let you down, Dan. I've been distracted. When I first saw it, I was gonna make a urology joke, but Amie was here.

I know, I know, that normally wouldn't stop me.

When I get back from my MRI today, I'm sure we'll have a definitive reason for my comedic lapse.

I'll post pics!
© Axiom Message Boards