Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RickF Time... - 12/16/11 01:02 PM
Is the forum time off from all of you folks PC times? Every time I post or reply I notice the post/reply time is off by about seven or eight minutes.

confused

Amie, does any of Ian and the crews new projects have anything to do with time travel that you are aware of? Just curious.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Time... - 12/16/11 01:53 PM
test
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Time... - 12/16/11 01:54 PM
You are correct Rick, the forum time appears to be about 7 minutes faster than actual.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Time... - 12/16/11 02:03 PM
The Axiom Flux Capacitor should be due soon.
Posted By: Murph Re: Time... - 12/16/11 03:51 PM
Most hosted web services connect to an NTP source (Network Time Protocol) to keep everything synchronized to the Atomic Clock wherever that is, I forget. Smaller or private web companies may not bother so it isn't unusual for them to get a bit out of sync now and then. Not a big deal until you get into online transactions. Then it is much more important to have accurate time stamps.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Time... - 12/16/11 04:18 PM
I think the Atomic Clock is not placed at to top of the Axiom Subwoofer testing tower.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Time... - 12/16/11 04:44 PM
C'mon you guys. It's Canadian time!

Isn't "the" atomic clock in Greenwich, UK?

That doesn't make sense. Canada is owned by the UK, so maybe the standard seven second delay isn't long enough for them to catch up?
Posted By: RickF Re: Time... - 12/16/11 04:45 PM
I thought the atomic clock was near Denver?
Posted By: J. B. Re: Time... - 12/16/11 05:37 PM
there are dozens of atomic clocks all around the world.
the main one for canada is in Ottawa, at the NRC.
even some universities have them.

if anyone wants to synchronize time, he must do it with the nearest atomic clock center, because of propagation delays.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Time... - 12/16/11 08:09 PM
If Canadian time is 7 minutes fast, that means you get to the bars 7 minutes faster for happy hour.
Posted By: J. B. Re: Time... - 12/16/11 08:29 PM
and you fall off your chair 7 minutes earlier too...
Posted By: JohnK Re: Time... - 12/17/11 02:57 AM
Yeah, Rick; for some time now Who's On Line has been showing my last activity as being about 7 minutes in the future. I suspect that Sean's comment is relevant: the mysterious new item that Ian has been working on relating to the speaker listening window most likely has to take into account both frequency and time modifications. It's possible that Ian's experiments have created about a 7 minute time warp which affects all Axiom activities. If the new product is available soon, this time warp will certainly be corrected.
Posted By: CV Re: Time... - 12/17/11 05:14 AM
Ha ha. That's great, John.
Posted By: Amie Re: Time... - 12/19/11 07:29 AM
Randy has obviously foiled our little plan to get to the eggnog earlier in December . . . *sigh*. I went into the 'scary settings' for the message boards and entered -7 . . . let's see if it worked . . .
Posted By: Amie Re: Time... - 12/19/11 02:32 PM
Harumph. It will only work for hours. It's the small print that gets me every time. Okay, let me try to find another button to push. The programmers love it when I just try pressing every button. Come to think of it, the lab seems to have lots to say when I do that too . . .
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Time... - 12/19/11 02:36 PM
Augh, there was the great big flash of light and suddenly I was back in high school!!!!

Aime, STOP pressing buttons!!!!!
Posted By: Amie Re: Time... - 12/19/11 05:53 PM
Oh, *all right*. No more Back to the Future for any of you. Yeesh, talk about a group that's hard to get anything for . . .
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Time... - 12/19/11 05:55 PM
Can I have a DeLorean? You can give the coke to Bob.
Posted By: Amie Re: Time... - 12/20/11 10:16 AM
I'm sorry Ken - FedEx says I'm <obscure BTTF reference>OUTATIME to get it to you for the holidays . . .</obscure BTTF reference>
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Time... - 12/20/11 11:18 AM
Look at Amie, outwitting every one here! Nice one, Amie!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Time... - 12/20/11 12:32 PM
As long as it gets here before the Libyans do. Oh wait, they're good guys now. Hmm...

Also, nice ref, Amie!
© Axiom Message Boards